PDA

View Full Version : Chopping balls

93klauss
04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Quick question, If you could send to a link on where to find instructions on tuning.

Was out the other day and the hopper battery was low so was not feeding all the way. Ended up chopping balls, no fun. :mad:

The mag shoots fine when the hopper and warp are running. Just want to fine tune it. Have all carriers.

So the question is its shooting fine and no bolt stick. So to get the lv X to work properly and not chop balls do I go up in carrier size, or add shims? :confused:

thanks for the help.

Hyperframed
Xvalve
LV X
ult

robander3
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Go up in carrier size as big as possible without there being a leak. (easier way to to do this is put in a large carrier that leaks and go down until it doesn't leak)
I use the silver spring in my set up, harder to get it to not chuff but much softer on paint
and once your carrier is set add 1 or 2 shims, if adding a shim makes the gun leak, take out the shim. Also in one of guns I don't use any shims and it still resets.

So in short:
Use the silver spring
take all shims up
find the correct carrier size
add a shim or two

93klauss
04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Right now it does not leak. If I go to the next carrier it leaks. So would adding shims make the bolt reset? Maybe a new spring?

Trying to narrow it down
Thanks

Ando
04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Just go to a larger spring. Do not use the silver one as is. Chances are you'll be shooting hot or it won't work at all. As far as tuning a silver spring. Athomas did a good tutorial in the Lvl 10 tech support thread. I think it's on page 68.

93klauss
04-18-2012, 01:00 PM
That was what I was looking 4. Thanks the page really helped. :D