PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Jobs

BadMr.Frosty
02-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Anyone know how or where I can loosen the trigger on my mag or possibly get it done by someone else? Thanx

Cha0tic
02-17-2002, 09:46 AM
you CANNOT do a trigger job on a mag. it will do nothing but screw up your gun. i helped a kid here on AO a few days ago because he was having horrible shootdown due to a trigger job.

i suggest you to use your mag alot, this will break in the trigger.

BadMr.Frosty
02-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Question: Would having an RT valve make the trigger somewhat softer?

ciaran.mooney
02-17-2002, 10:37 AM
It wont make it softer, though if you set your output PSI low enough it would become "mushy" i think.

The point of the RT is to have a sharp and fast trigger pull, because it kicks back.

[NA]WARLORD
02-17-2002, 12:03 PM
If you want a softer trigger pull, buy a Benchmark 2x trigger frame, but be warned it has a sloppy trigger, loose safety and an excessivley long pull, but it is soft. Ohh, by the way, it's a lot easier to short stroke with this frame.
For the best trigger get a Retro valve, Intelliframe, and an adjustable HPA system.

BadMr.Frosty
02-17-2002, 01:00 PM
I have the Intelliframe at the moment but i only have enough money to buy the RT valve. But about having an adjustable tank...Well lets just say I cant afford it at the moment. I have another question whats having an adjustable tank do to help the RT Valve? I can only figure that it will eliminate shoot down somewhat and give less eratic velocity jumps.

ciaran.mooney
02-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Because the RT valve has a "Reactive Trigger" it means that the higher you set the output of your tank the more kick back your trigger gets. So people get adjustable tanks for RT's because they can set the way the trigger feels to exactly how they want it.

BadMr.Frosty
02-17-2002, 01:10 PM
I understand what your saying but lets say you cant afford an adjustable tank, will it still be ok if i used a regular pre-set tank?

ciaran.mooney
02-17-2002, 01:14 PM
yeah, you'll still get a reactive trigger. But if you dont like it you cant do anything about it.

SkElL~ObIsSiS
02-17-2002, 03:05 PM
I got a benchmark 2x and i put a setscre in the trigger to eliminate the over travel and i love it, it was really easy too.....
if u want to do this pm me and ill give u instructions

tony:D