PDA

View Full Version : Level X Air Leak

de3plus
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Need some help from the more experienced Mag users. I have a X valve with level 10. I have never had a problem with it until this past weekend. I played half the day and it was great with my Ninja SHP tank. However halfway thru the day it started spewing air from the barrel and nothign I did changed the air flow (holding trigger). After I came home I cleaned up the mag, took it apart, reoiled it and put it back together. It still does the same thing although this time there is no force to the trigger. Like the air is not resetting the trigger? So even when I hold the trigger air still leaks. First time I have had a problem with this mag. Any advice that you can give me would be appreciated. Could it be a sear problem? If so how can I tell if my sear is bad? I wouldnt think so because its fairly new but....

Thanks.

sQuidvision
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Check the top oring in your on/off... Sounds like something happened to it. This sounds like an on/off issue not a lvl x issue

athomas
04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Yes, it sounds like an on-off issue. Take the valve out and check the on-off assembly. Specifically check the two orings at the top of the assembly.

de3plus
04-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, it sounds like an on-off issue. Take the valve out and check the on-off assembly. Specifically check the two orings at the top of the assembly.

Took it all apart and examined the on/off..everything appears ok. I wiped them down then reinstalled with oil. No leak, pulled trigger and it started leaking again and trigger went limp, like it wasn't getting air to recharge trigger. Turn Asa off then on again and it went to rapid fire. sorry I might have posted wrong but it's an x valve. Could it be a sear problem?

athomas
04-20-2012, 08:44 PM
The on-off oring may appear to be ok. Change it anyway and see if the problem goes away.

I doubt it is the sear. Usually when a sear starts to wear, you get a prolonged period where you start to get the odd double shot or it gets highly reactive before it goes full auto. Yours isn't going full auto. The bolt is sticking forward due to air leaking into the front chamber.

A limp trigger is an indication that the bolt is not in the reset position. Yet air is still getting past the on-off top oring when the pin is supposed to seal the area off. Sounds like an oring leak to me. Check that the on-off pin didn't get damaged as well.

de3plus
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Got around to changing the orings in the on/off like everyone advised. Tested it out and no luck. Turned asa on trigger charged no leaks...was thinking great. Then I fired once it went auto fire and the trigger did not reset. Then it started leaking air down the barrel. More suggestions? Please....:)

stimpysan
04-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Are you using a RT on/off or the ULT? If you leave the small oring off the bottom of the RT on/off it will do exactly what your saying. The trigger will have tension then once you pull it , it will go full auto. I've run into a couple of supposed "new" orings that where over sized. It still sounds like an on/off issue.

de3plus
04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
It was working great for half the day and all last season exactly like it is. I have not touched the setup except for oil.

04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
your on/off ASA may be choking your tank
when you turn your air on, stop 1/4 turn after the marker airs up

athomas
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Take the valve apart and check the regulator pin assembly, specifically the regulator valve pin oring. There may be a piece of dirt interfering with it.