PDA

View Full Version : New Paint shell causing warp breakage

thlibo
02-17-2002, 11:08 AM
I heard something offhand at a game yesterday. I usually shoot challenger through my warp MicroRT and AA, and don't have breakage problems. Yesterday, however, I shot PMI Premium, and my gun became a blender. Would not even feed paint consistently, and just splooged the paint that did feed. It worked fine for about 2 games, then just quit working, broke every shot. Someone told me that a 'new' type of shell did not work in the warp feed. What is this type of shell? What paint has it? Why does the warp not like some kinds of paint? I can (and prolly will) go back to shooting challenger all the time, but the guy who said this said that 2 guys he knew returned their warps because it broke the new kind of paint, and that was the kind used in some tournies.

Please give me info...

kickass68mag
02-17-2002, 11:32 AM
is it the new advantage shell ?

thlibo
02-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Yes! that is what he called it. He said that the warp had problems with the advantage shell, and that people were getting rid of their warps because it was a big deal. I wanted to know what paint has the advantage shell. And if the warp really does demolish advantage balls.

Mark

paintballrulzs
02-17-2002, 11:43 AM
i had the same problem. I had severe bolt stick also (still haven't fixed that) i don't know how to remove my power tube spacer to tell what size it is. THANKS I KNOW HOW DO TAKE IT OFF NOW!!!

I had tons of them break in my warp. They stopped feeding b/c how bad it was

dave p
02-17-2002, 12:00 PM
two weeka ago i was at the field and they had just gotten a new pallet of rp premium the night before. cool, fresh paint im thinking. warp or no warp everyone at the field had a paint blender that day. 50% of my balls left my mag intact(no exaggeration). it sucked. the only guy having luck had a tippman.(they shoot anything). my friends mag was no better off than mine. the angels were really having a tough time too.

Shaft
02-17-2002, 12:00 PM
The tension on the warp was designed for oiled shells. The advantage stuff requires a bit of lubrication.

First try to rub a bit of vegetable oil on the discs. Another idea is to break a ball and spread the paint on the discs.

Test the tension by placing your thumb over the feed tube and run the warp.

thlibo
02-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Shaft, so you are saying that the warp could be double feeding with advantage because it grips the paint TOO much? or maybe just feeding a little to much, so that there is always a ball sticking slighlty too far down the stack, and it gets chopped into the feed neck? That all makes sense.

Also, does advantage paint work well WITHOUT a warp? I didn't try it because by the time I figured out what was going on, my gun was coated in paint.

Thanks

Paintballer86
02-17-2002, 12:10 PM
I had this exact same problem at skirmish a few weeks back. it shot grest for the first 3 games or so, and than I could not get one ball out of my barrel without it breaking. I did get one ball out at the sttart of a speedball game, and the paint in the barrel acted as a backspin system I suppose, because I shot out a member of the other team from about 200 feet away with no arc. I hate the new advantage shell :( They are crap.

thlibo
02-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Well, thanks for all the feedback on advantage shell, I think I will start a poll on it.

LaW
02-17-2002, 12:24 PM
how can you tell the difference between the advantage shell and such? I used some pmi premiums last week in my warp and they worked fine... the surface looks more textured and grippy like, not sure if that's just nothing or the new shell?>

thlibo
02-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Sounds like they were advantage. The advantage ones are (apparently) more dry and course. kickass68mag told me that they scratched the inside of his barrel, and broke a lot.

Everyone, vote on my poll on the Main Forum about advantage shells. I want people to be informed about this stuff, good or bad. I bought it without knowing, and it was a headache for me. I just want the information to get out. Post your feedback and experiences there.

Tunaman
02-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Couple of weeks ago, we shot Polar Ice...alot of it...with not one single feed problem or chop. Make sure the paint withstands the bounce test.

kickass68mag
02-17-2002, 02:33 PM
and had the problems, but i know that my friend played with polar ice not to long ago and he had problems with it, but i was pissed that the pmi scratched the inside of my barrel becuase it was dry and had not lubrication to get out.

Smoken
02-17-2002, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong w/ all of your guns, but I've shot 3 or 4 cases of the PMI advantage shell paint from my 12V Revy fed MiniMag with no breaks. NONE.

thlibo
02-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the review smoken. I am not sure what is wrong either, but since it is not a problem that has happened to only me I would like to find out!

Keep the feedback rolling guys, eventually we are going to hit whatever it is that is causing mass breakage for some, and yet no problems for others. I don't believe it is randomness, so there must be a reason.

Smoken
02-17-2002, 04:48 PM
I wasn't tryin to say there isn't a problem, I was just lettin ya know that it isn't a universal problem as some of the previous posts seem to indicate. Sorry if there was confusion.

RoadDawg
02-17-2002, 04:52 PM
The dry shell doesn't like to feed into my micro rt either. I have to give it a push into the chamber. Then today (after it rained) I went and shot some more of that dry shell PMI and it worked flawlessly. What is the dealio? Same paint from the same bag.

dave p
02-17-2002, 08:00 PM
yeah, now that i think of it, the balls were not dropping into the breech properly for me either on my minimag with stock barrel. i would peek in the pf and see them half in and have to poke em in with my pinky. it was rather cold that morning. the advantage shell does seem quite dry, not slimy like other paint. i remember batches of zap i had to paper towel off they were so wet, ugly bumpy zap balls but they didnt break and went straight as hell and flew forever. but these rp premiums i have are white/seafoam green, very coarse textured and dry as a bone.they were hanging up and blowing in the barrel. usually second ball of each game would explode.

BOOT
02-17-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi guys. Just to add my 2 cents...There is good paint and there is bad paint. I group of us bought 8 cases of the advantage Marbs and ALL cases or all of that batch was bad. I have a case of Advantage Marbs just before the big order and didn't break a ball out of the case.

To give you an idea of how bad this paint is...one of our guys has a Black Magic Autococker running about 200 psi and with using a .689 barrel (which the paint would just roll out of) he would barrel break one in about 20. Now that is bad!!!

I just used a half case of Advantage Premium in my cocker today and didn't break one ball.

I'm thinking that RPS is having good batches and bad batches and they need work in their quality control.

t2m6c1
02-18-2002, 05:32 PM
I shoot nothing but rps advatage shelled paint out of my mag. All stars, Slam or JT Maxim (my favorite, made by rps). I have not had any significant ball breakage problems at all. I just pick the correct size insert for my freak and fire long fast steady streams of paint.

Played yesterday shot 1000 rds JT Maxim without a single break. Haven't broke a ball in last 3500 rnds of rps advantage shelled paint.

My gun is p/f left RT PRO with 12 revy intellifed . I love the advantage shell,very consistant size and very accurate paint. I don't want to use any other paint in my mag.

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 05:49 PM
I've shot probably 10 cases of Mostly Marbs and Premiums, some big ball, which are all "Advantage" shell. About 1/3 of that was through my warp and as of now it is the best paint I've shot, ever.

I have noticed that my warp does not slip past the "Advantage" paint but it has not caused chopping problems. Do you people that use warps and are having problems with that paint maybe have the dwell set for too long?

Kaiser Bob
02-18-2002, 06:14 PM
Well, ive put some Advantage shelled paint through my mag and I cant find fault with the stuff. Actually, I found the marbs to be quite good. The PMI premiums were a little drier than the marbs i noticed but that could be a fluke. As far as the corseness of the shell damaging a barrel, I find that highly unlikely given the hardness of a barrel as opposed to the hardness of the shell.

hitech
02-18-2002, 06:16 PM
I used marbs and premium Sunday with my brand new warp feed WITHOUT ANY problems. The disks slipped fine and I had the dwell on max.

hubadlatimmy
02-18-2002, 09:54 PM
My experience with the new advantage shell has been nothing but good. I used it in my cocker with my 12 volt revy with no problems. I chopped one ball all day long since I was barrowing a friends gun. If it helps we were at country club paintball in illinois and nobody at the field had any problems with the paint at all.

legion
02-18-2002, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the PMI Premium that I've been shooting at the local range is the advantage shell, and I've probably shot 4-5000 rounds through my gun, with a small number of breaks (maybe 50-200 rounds, but most of those dont count due to user error). And during the games when I have played with a warp, I've not chopped paint unless it was once again, due to user error.

Legion