PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 silver spring

robander3
04-22-2012, 07:57 PM
So I own 4 mags that have a level 10 in them, three being xvalves and one classic.
I use the gold spring in the classic but I use the silver springs in the xvalves. From what I hear using the silver springs are near impossible to get to work at a good enough speed, but I'm able to use them in all the valves and having them shoot at 280fps without any problems.

I am however able to shoot very brittle paint like this. I also noticed when I switched to these springs my guns weren't as reactive with the RT effect and had to adjust the trigger pin and once I did that they were just as reactive.

This isn't a bragging thread but is anyone else able to use the silver spring reliably or do I just have three rouge lvl X kits?

Justus
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Everything I've read, even from the Resources page for the Level 10, says that using the long silver spring isn't really supposed to work until you cut it down for fine tuning. I've been using the gold spring to get going, but at some point I'll be trimming the long silver spring to fine tune my LX bolts.

georgeyew
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
The silver spring is made to be used for the most brittle paint. But the red spring has the best balance between tune-ability and softness on the paint. But if you can get the silver spring working on your mags, that is great. Don't fix what is not broken.

Henchman
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I shot all day with a good spring and evil paint,which is quite brittle, with ero breaks.
The gold is going to be more air efficient as well.

Red Reign
04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
on the same topic, in an RT ULE i've recently aquired, i can RT up to 20bps on the over pressurized gold spring and the SHP reg, but when i tune in the silver spring to bounce off of brittle paint, am i going to lose some of that speed?

athomas
04-24-2012, 07:58 AM
So I own 4 mags that have a level 10 in them, three being xvalves and one classic.
I use the gold spring in the classic but I use the silver springs in the xvalves. From what I hear using the silver springs are near impossible to get to work at a good enough speed, but I'm able to use them in all the valves and having them shoot at 280fps without any problems.

I am however able to shoot very brittle paint like this. I also noticed when I switched to these springs my guns weren't as reactive with the RT effect and had to adjust the trigger pin and once I did that they were just as reactive.

This isn't a bragging thread but is anyone else able to use the silver spring reliably or do I just have three rouge lvl X kits?It depends a lot on your setup. If the barrel that you are using requires you to use a higher chamber pressure to achieve the desired velocity, then the longer silver spring will allow you to operate in that range. If you are using a barrel that is optimized for maximum efficiency, chances are that the silver spring will be too stiff your setup and won't allow you to operate at a low enough velocity to be consistent.

The higher chamber pressure required by the stiffer bolt springs reduces the reactivity because it reduces the pressure differential between the chamber pressure and the tank regulator pressure.

robander3
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
@ athomas.
I just put a gold spring in one of the X's and holy cow does the thing rip now.
But I think I'll keep the silver one in for playing pick up games. I play at a field where a bunch of new kids come and play and I don't wana be this guy :shooting:

But I was impressed with the speed, I (think) i was getting 10/12 w/the silver spring in with the RT effect and about 20(ish)bps with the gold spring in.

Red Reign
04-25-2012, 09:48 AM
It would seem I also have a drop-in silver spring. Mine came used, so maybe that's why, but it definitely hasn't been cut. It's a little bit gentler on paint, but I can't tell if it's still up to the same speed as the gold. I'll get a bps reading this weekend and update. Thinking my silver spring had spent time compressed, I still had to bump my velocity up 25 fps from where it began to shoot reliably.