PDA

View Full Version : NEW!! Advantage shell

thlibo
02-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Do you like the advantage shell?
Post what types of paint use the advantage shell. I know that PMI Premium uses it.
Post what type of gun you shot the advantage through.

LaW
02-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Well it appears i've used it for a couple times and not had any problems in the warp at all... I'm wondering what tom's take is on this, this is a big deal if it's causing feeding problems..

DarkRipper
02-17-2002, 12:35 PM
I love it, it's some of the best most consistent paint I've ever used... and I've used a lot.

:)
DR

TheTramp
02-17-2002, 12:40 PM
I've used several advantage shelled paintballs. Premium's, Marb's, and All star. Like the All Stars perticularly.

I had a real problem with the feed disc not slipping past the balls. If I put a Lot (and I mean A LOT) of veg. oil on the disc it would slip most of the time.

I think all the non slipping may have permently messed up my Warp. Now, whenever there is any real resistance the discs don't slip bast the balls, the only thing that happens is that the drive belt slips on the brass cog. This means that the balls wont feed well and BANG a chop.

I love the advantage when I'm not using the Warp but unless you use a lot of oil on your discs I'd be careful about using them with it.

LaW
02-17-2002, 12:43 PM
i'm almost 100% sure i'm using the advantage shell actually i've put about 2500 thru my warp with them and have had no problems... this worries me now though......

DarkRipper
02-17-2002, 12:49 PM
I used some advantage marb with my emag and warp setup... didn't have a problem.

Advantage marb is all I use anymore... although the new JT ball is advantage and cheaper, so I may go with it.

DR

Chef123161
02-17-2002, 01:02 PM
Not very good in the winter but in the summer it shot great through my E-Mag w/ Warp Feed.

headcase
02-17-2002, 01:27 PM
One field I used to play at used the JT paint with the advantage shell(Maxim?) I had no problems with it in my warp(which was on my intimidator at the time)

strongboy2005
02-17-2002, 05:09 PM
i used the PMI Advantage paint and i can express my feelings in one word CRAP

i ended up throwing them away, will never buy them again

MAGS own YOU
02-17-2002, 06:37 PM
WoW Strongboy, longest sig ive ever seeen......:rolleyes:

I like the PMI advantage alot, fits my budget, and its good stuff. I would recommend it to alot of people for low pressure guns. It shoots good through my boomstick...However my mag didnt like this paint as well as my defiant.

thecavemankevin
02-17-2002, 06:40 PM
32* team colors is still my favorite, but i do like the JT advantage.

But as of yet, i have not had any problems with it with my foamie bolt. Now with a non-foamie, you might have some breaks inside.

sniper1rfa
02-17-2002, 09:08 PM
very consistant, feels like plastic though.

overall, it sucks. i was playing a while back with advantage marbs and a broke like crazy for half the day. when i switched to the 'colors the field had, chopping dissappeared. i still have 500 of the marbs though, and they dont really have a problem in the warp. (i dont play with them but i use them for plinking cause i have to get rid of the crap somehow.

IceCool32
02-17-2002, 10:24 PM
you see.....your Mag's aren't exactlly chopping it...they're EXPLODING it....all that shear force behind the ball, lol.....lemme tell ya. No big deal though, there is a paint for every gun, but I haven't figured out what marker BRass Eagle paint was made for....the true rainmaker(cause all it will do is rain shell and paint down the barrel) or the Talon.

Well, my post probably makes nooooo sense, but I'm exhausted, ttyl.

Bwaites
02-17-2002, 11:01 PM
My group went through two cases this weekend, one of allstar and one of slam.

Not a single break in our variety of guns, Standard Mag, Emag, Tippman w/ stock barrel and CP .689, 2 Shutters, and an Indian Creek (not sure which model).

About half the players were newbies, half were experienced.

Everybody agreed it was the most hassle free day we'd ever had so far as paint went.

Bill

animal
02-18-2002, 11:59 AM
I've run at least 20 cases through my emag/warp and not really had any problems at all related to the shell itself. Sure, there's the occasional break in the barrel or the user-induced chops. But overall it's workin fine. The warp wheel slips most the time, not that it really matters if it doesn't.

hitech
02-18-2002, 12:28 PM
I ran both marbs and premium on Sunday in my brand new warp. No problems at all, and I have the "dwell" on the highest setting (factory setting). The wheel slipped perfectly and the only ball I chopped was when I attempted to adjust the power feed plug because the stack didn't look right. Other than that, not one chop, even when I forgot to turn on the loader.

bushjumper
02-18-2002, 12:37 PM
I hate the new advantage shell. In fact, for the first time since marballizers were first released, I've stopped using them. They break in the gun (automag, minimag, ATS-85, and Tippman 89's)and they get stuck under the propeller in the VL revvy.

I've yet to find a decent replacement for the old marbs, but I'm still looking.

hitech
02-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bushjumper
... they get stuck under the propeller in the VL revvy.

I had that problem also. I thought it was just my very old (as in original) 9v Viewloader.

animal
02-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bushjumper
they get stuck under the propeller in the VL revvy.

Did you try bending the paddles down a little more? Sometimes they can be bent up at too much of an angle...

Even if you have tried that, it's hard to imagine it happening because of the shell texture alone.

t2m6c1
02-18-2002, 05:47 PM
I had the same problem with advantage shelled balls sticking under my 12 revy paddles when I first started using them.

I eliminated the problem by not cramming as many balls that would fit into the hopper. Just give the balls in the hopper a little extra space to move around in.

boggerman
02-19-2002, 01:26 AM
I have shot about half a case of gator black advantage through my minimag and noticed no more or less breakage than with the other paint I have used. This is with a stock hardnose bolt, I have yet to try some with my new superbolt. I noticed that the gator seems a little small, it just barely needs to be blown through my boomstick and falls through my J&J, how is the other advantage paint for size?