PDA

View Full Version : "Boo-Yaah ELCD Frame" Should I buy it?

birdinator
05-02-2012, 07:50 AM
I found a 68 Classic that has a Boo-Yaah ELCD.
The two issue's right now are and from what the guy told me:
• it only fires with the charger plugged in
• has an air leak. Did not say where

I read mixed things on the Boo-Yaah frame.
He wanted $110 for it. Is it worth it as a project?

Thanks for the help!

Rob

C_losjoker
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Id say get it. maybe talk him down

birdinator
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Can you still get parts to repair them?

magfan
05-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Parts aren't available anymore, but Spyder parts should work for the most part.

Frizzle Fry
05-02-2012, 11:26 AM
$110 is a ripoff. Don't pay a penny over $65 and make sure to replace the solenoid with a Spyder one.

birdinator
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
$110 is a ripoff. Don't pay a penny over $65 and make sure to replace the solenoid with a Spyder one.

Even though this deal is for the entire gun with a dye boomstick barrel?

Here are some images of it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/birdinator/photo1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/birdinator/photo.jpg

Olsson
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
As the market seems to be right now, $110 is pretty much what you could expect the price to be for an Automag kitted out like that, but with a standard AGD CF-frame. So I'd say it pretty much depends on whether or not you like the BooYah or not. Still, you could buy the Automag and part the BooYah, if you think it's worth the hassle.

However, as Frizzle said, $65 is on the top end of what they go for, and that would be when they actually work - and they do have somewhat of a hazy reputation. Still, I have one myself, just for the fun of it, even if I haven't even gotten around to playing with it once... *cough*

But I digress, if you want an Automag, I think it's a fair deal. Picking up a random CF-frame is dead easy, should you wish to do so later. Especially if the trigger rod is included with the Mag. I wouldn't have hesitated in buying that Mag for $110 as my first Mag.

Oh, and the leak - 99% of the time it will be really trivial to take care of a leak in an Automag. There are heaps of advice to be had on this very forum. The Automag is probably the easiest marker to learn how to repair of all the markers that are out there. If you could state what kind of leak it is, people with smother you with friendly advice.

going_home
05-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Craigslist.
Local to me.
I offered him $50 a couple weeks ago after I found out the issues.
He didnt respond to that text.
So I left it at that, I wasnt paying the $100 he wanted for it.

:ninja:

birdinator
05-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Taking in all the facts, I think this is a deal that is ok to pass on.
Cool setup, but I do not think this is something I want to learn to fix given my silk level.

Thanks for your help guys! :cheers:

magtard13
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
in my opinion, if your just buying it for the frame, then dont get it... i've shot the booyah and its not great.
but if your looking at getting it for the entire package, it's really not that bad. you could part out the frame after getting it to work and sell it for what you bought the mag for. then make the mag into whatever you want

birdinator
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I did counter offer $85 shipped, and he did not go for it. He wants his $100 plus shipping.