PDA

View Full Version : Wgp Hpr?

OPBN
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Are these things supposed to be adjustable? Bought one off of Ebay last week and got it today. I was expecting something that could be easily adjusted and appears the only way is to take the freaking thing apart.

Spider-TW
05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
They did have a bunch like that. I thought one of the newer ones was a gas through grip until I saw the vent hole in the side. You have to keep in mind they were for cockers, so you would fine adjust with the IVG instead, which isn't much more convenient. The Ergo's and other side entry regs were externally adjustable.

OPBN
05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
They did have a bunch like that. I thought one of the newer ones was a gas through grip until I saw the vent hole in the side. You have to keep in mind they were for cockers, so you would fine adjust with the IVG instead, which isn't much more convenient. The Ergo's and other side entry regs were externally adjustable.
Booooo. Yeah, this things kind of a POS. Already marked the crap out of it just trying to get it open. Bought it to replace the goofy huge reg that came on a Spyder clone that I got, but it being this big of a pain barely makes it worth using.

Thanks.

You wouldnt happen to know the optimal input for a Spyder would you? Might have to rig up some sort of guage to see where I am at pressure wise. Took the reg apart and turned the adjustment out and it seems to be shooting way hot.

Spider-TW
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I thought the spyders varied a little, since you could buy 'volumisers' for them. I always thought they must be in the 500-600 psi range to even use a reg. We had a piranha R6 that ran straight off an HPA or CO2 bottle. We eventually got it down to around 350 psi with valve and spring changes. If the valve ports are about 9/32" or larger, I would guess it should run under 500 psi.

Make sure your turned the reg adjustment the right way. I seem to have all sorts and can only keep my mags straight.

bbotts77
05-07-2012, 08:08 AM
AKA made a bottom cap for those regs to make them externally adjustable. I might still have one in my old gear tub. I'll try to remember to look for it.

OPBN
05-07-2012, 08:33 AM
AKA made a bottom cap for those regs to make them externally adjustable. I might still have one in my old gear tub. I'll try to remember to look for it.
That would be of interest. Thanks.