PDA

View Full Version : Electro-Pneumatic vs Pneumatic

El Zilcho
05-07-2012, 02:16 PM
What are the pros and cons of each type of modded mag? Is there any reason that I should absolutely build an EP and not a Pneumag? Personally I don't see a huge advantage of an EP, most fields that I know don't let you take advantage of the EP modes (ramping etc.) and they seem to be a bit more expensive to build.
I appreciate your thoughts, thanks

Dayspring
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Just because something's electro doesn't mean that it ramps - those are settings and they can be turned on/off like anything else.

El Zilcho
05-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Just because something's electro doesn't mean that it ramps - those are settings and they can be turned on/off like anything else.
I know, but what is the point of an EP if you can't use the modes and are stuck in semi? Are you able to achieve faster BPS?

sjrtk
05-07-2012, 02:53 PM
The difference is simply tripping a micro switch like any other electro or tripping the 3 way valve. You can either have a electro trigger pull with the ability to ramp and use different modes or just a near electro pull that is walkable. So it is really which you prefer and cost.

Biscuit451
05-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Or if you use it for tournaments or such that do allow ramping.

Spider-TW
05-07-2012, 03:52 PM
EPs need batteries - boo

EPs don't chuff - yay

With some practice and an X-valve on a pneu, you won't have too many droopy balls as you approach 12-14 bps. However, with an electro-pneu, you will have none.

captian pinky
05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
you can also cap an ep which allows you to use it in more tournaments

El Zilcho
05-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Trust me I have no plans on entering any tournaments, just woodsball and messing around on the speedball field, ha.

reckid1986
05-07-2012, 05:43 PM
easy solution build both see what you like better, then sell the other one. For me ive built many pneumags and still building them to one day build a E-pneu. I was almost there but had to sell some of the parts to get through a slow period at work.

need4reebs
05-18-2012, 11:44 PM
What are the pros and cons of each type of modded mag? Is there any reason that I should absolutely build an EP and not a Pneumag? Personally I don't see a huge advantage of an EP, most fields that I know don't let you take advantage of the EP modes (ramping etc.) and they seem to be a bit more expensive to build.
I appreciate your thoughts, thanks

Honest answer is alot of us like to build mags, and you get to a point where you say ok what can i build next! my biggest Mag lesson has been, if your interested in a certain type of Mag build it and find out for your self how they shoot! i hope ya build both and like em both tho!!! :headbang:

Drix
05-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I always found pneumatic markers to classy, like tophats and canes. Pneumatics aren't flashy, take way more skill and dedication to use properly, and a special person to realize what your doing but they add a old school feel to your game that just makes you feel good. I run a pneumag for the same reason I run a cocker, I love the sound, feel, and vibe.

need4reebs
05-20-2012, 06:42 AM
I always found pneumatic markers to classy, like tophats and canes. Pneumatics aren't flashy, take way more skill and dedication to use properly, and a special person to realize what your doing but they add a old school feel to your game that just makes you feel good. I run a pneumag for the same reason I run a cocker, I love the sound, feel, and vibe.

this too...nicely put Drix!!! :headbang:

bss
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I hate to direct you to another forum, but pbnation has a thread that you will be very interested in seeing. See link below.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871