PDA

View Full Version : Automag Double firing. Need Help!

steve_81
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I took my Automag Apart today to attach a vertical asa so I could use a gas thru grip and when I put it back together I put a few drops of oil in the on/off ASA and screwed in my tank to test fire it to ensure everything was running smoothly. I noticed that after several shots the marker would double fire and make a hissing noise from what I assume would be the trigger frame. All O rings have been recently replaced. What would cause this?

Could it be because the thumb screw in the back was screwed in to tight?

Ando
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Doublefeeding is going to be either your detent or your hopper at max force. Try lowering the force on the hopper and/or replacing your detent.

steve_81
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Doublefeeding is going to be either your detent or your hopper at max force. Try lowering the force on the hopper and/or replacing your detent.

Thanks I'll try your suggestions out. I was using a Dye rotor, I've used it before with no problem, so I don't know. Also I'm using a metal barrel detent. Should I switch it over to the plastic detent? Is there any difference or benefit using one over the other?

Ando
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
More detent surface on the ball with the plastic ones is about it and they tend to last a lot longer.

steve_81
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I got the Detent changed over to a plastic one and I'll be using my proto primo hopper. I'll check it out first thing tomorrow since it's getting dark and I don't want to go outside and shoot the marker as I live on a Private lake where there is tons and tons of elderly people that will call the police over the smallest of things. lol

athomas
05-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Did you remember to put both orings back on top of the on-off?

steve_81
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Did you remember to put both orings back on top of the on-off?

Yea i did. I watched the Tom Kaye video's to ensure I put everything back together correctly lol

athomas
05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
How old is the valve? Does it have a universal on-off top or the X-top. If it the X-top, is the flat side up?

Is the on-off pin oriented properly(flat end inside the valve)?

Is the rail bushing in place?

Is the bolt spring worn? You can roughly determine this by putting it on the bolt. If the end of the spring protrudes about 1/4' past the end then you are fine. If it is flush with the end of the bolt, it is worn out.

GoatBoy
05-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Uhm...

Double-firing, or double-feeding?

steve_81
05-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Uhm...

Double-firing, or double-feeding?

I'd pull the trigger and two paintballs would be forced out. Causing barrel breaks and low velocity shots.

I did however figure out the problem. Ando was correct, it was just something simple. I changed out my metal barrel detent for a plastic one and I switched from my rotor to the gravity fed proto primo hopper and the problem went away. :dance:

athomas
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I was under the impression it was double firing rather than double feeding. Oops.