PDA

View Full Version : what color?

knownothingmags
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
so i am moving on to my ano side of my projects.

i have come to notice over the years bodies with contours dont like alot of plash, acit wash , or alot of colors in one, since you cant see the contours or milling done.

so what color should i do this one?VD mag
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/KNM%20project%20thread/2012-05-10205800.jpg

BiNumber3
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Yea, for milled bodies solid or fades usually look nicest as far as bringing out the milling i think.
Maybe do a copper, something not as common and still looks nice, not overly flashy yet still stands out.
Or you could go all out n do a fade:) Perhaps gunmetal/with a light cf pattern faded into solid copper

knownothingmags
05-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Yea, for milled bodies solid or fades usually look nicest as far as bringing out the milling i think.
Maybe do a copper, something not as common and still looks nice, not overly flashy yet still stands out.
Or you could go all out n do a fade:) Perhaps gunmetal/with a light cf pattern faded into solid copper
do a copper and then have a carbon fiber look hydrodiped?
sounds nice.

i actually have like 11 rr 12 mags im building and i might sell a few just because i dont need them.

you think anyone would like to buy a raw marker to do with what they want for finishing?

Chris TS-1438
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
maybe ...hhhmmm hmmm.

OPBN
05-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Lighter colors definitely seem to show milling details better as well. Splash done on lighter colored bases doesn't seem to hide milling as bad as solid dark glossy colors.

Patron God of Pirates
05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Milling seems to show up best in polished or chrome. It lets the light dance off all the fancy contours.

As for selling them, I for one would prefer raw.

PS- quit hogging all the rare mag parts ;)

C_losjoker
05-11-2012, 09:05 AM
If selling I would sell raw and id buy raw. Solid colors id go with something not seen often.

splat15k
05-11-2012, 10:16 AM
If you intend to sell some of them, I'd leave them raw simply because the cost of ano is rarely recuperated.

need4reebs
05-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Milling seems to show up best in polished or chrome. It lets the light dance off all the fancy contours.

As for selling them, I for one would prefer raw.

PS- quit hogging all the rare mag parts ;)

yeah man...build the mags you have parts for already...haha! if your selling anything are we gonna get smoking deals or wat eh??? :D

knownothingmags
05-20-2012, 10:30 AM
yeah man...build the mags you have parts for already...haha! if your selling anything are we gonna get smoking deals or wat eh??? :D
nah cant do that again,
mad that mistake about two years ago.
sold x-valves and emaxx valves for very low $$$
people got mad and said i was killing the market.

lol then they bought them from me.
everything that is sold will be price accordingly

need4reebs
05-20-2012, 11:59 AM
nah cant do that again,
mad that mistake about two years ago.
sold x-valves and emaxx valves for very low $$$
people got mad and said i was killing the market.

lol then they bought them from me.
everything that is sold will be price accordingly

aye yi yi???

rx2
05-20-2012, 07:14 PM
"Burnt Bronze" CeraKote.

going_home
05-20-2012, 07:18 PM
do a copper and then have a carbon fiber look hydrodiped?
sounds nice.

i actually have like 11 rr 12 mags im building and i might sell a few just because i dont need them.

you think anyone would like to buy a raw marker to do with what they want for finishing?

Go ahead and finish the project, then play with it a few times and see if it floats your boat.

Do something unique on the anodizing, maybe get the xvalve anodized to match.

Selling it now raw or later completed wont matter, its doubful in this economy that you will even get close to recouping what you have in it.

So you may as well have some fun with it and make something one of a kind.

;)