PDA

View Full Version : little help from a mod if possible

MrAirgunRT
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I just resurfaced here on AO and made a couple posts under my original name, MrAirgunRT. I changed the password and email for that username and everything got locked up on me. It says my password is even incorrect now, though I was still able to login in to it without posting ability as of yesterday. Help would be appreciated, thank you.

AO Moderation Team
05-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Just use this account. Notice the 2 is now gone.

Fred
05-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Forcing an oldschooler to dump his join date for a 2k12 is moderation FAILURE.

/note to self not changing password...

MrAirgunRT
05-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I just got bunkered by a mod! thank ya. join date isnt that important to me, long as I can still post I guess. :) all the old cats round here know I'm a vet mag lover anyway!

AO Moderation Team
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM

Ya think........and no smiley. :rolleyes:

I just got bunkered by a mod! thank ya. join date isnt that important to me, long as I can still post I guess. :) all the old cats round here know I'm a vet mag lover anyway!

Well what was your old user name?

Frizzle Fry
05-16-2012, 04:23 AM

LOL

I'm a 2k1 or 2k2 member but I'm not complaining. Same with Saint Noir and a couple other maggers around here. I was dumb to take a 5 year vacation from the site and the sport so I payed the price!

MrAirgunRT
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
old username was MrAirgunRT

AO Moderation Team
05-17-2012, 12:55 AM
old username was MrAirgunRT

Right and that's the user name you have. Old??? as in how old??

You could have PMd us under one of your two accounts for help but you didn't. You made a Thread. So just so MR. Fred up there doesn't think he failed we will say SOME of what we know.

You created two accounts around the same time.[sometime this month] OR more likely right at the end of April, 29th, 30th.

New account 1 or 2 = MrAirgunRT

New account 1 or 2 = mrairgunrt2

We won't even get into the IP's and e-mails you used.

So once both your accounts pass the spam filter AND an Admin Queue check, you decide you need to change the password AND the e-mail on one of the two accounts.[MrAirgunRT]

That failed for one reason or another and you make a Thread under your second account asking for help. SO how can we help??

IF your old account was MrAirgunRT you would not be able to create it again.

Note to FRED.............Take a Mod, Admin[101] class next time, before you say we FAILED.

MrAirgunRT
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
that is complete and utter nonsense. This is what happened. MrAirgunRT was from 2002, first of all. I logged in to that account and posted a couple times recently, and I changed my email. After I changed my email it wouldnt let me do anything, no posts, no PMs.. anything. So I make a new name with a new email so I CAN PM a mod or post for help. Thats it nothing more. I tried emailing all of the mods and webmaster beforehand, but all those accounts came back negative. To be treated like this, being one of AOs oldest members, is rediculous.

MrAirgunRT
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
and I didn't create it again. The new user name I created was MrAirgunRT2. and then you guys changed it, as you already stated above, and now my old username, which WAS used since 2002 became a guest account. Any old school member can vouch for my old username. so I dont understand why you are misinforming in your defense of your actions, all I wanted was my old account back and you destroyed it and made up nonsense!

Fred
05-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I stand by my original statement since I understood the first post.

Just use this account. Notice the 2 is now gone.

He didn't create the new version of the old name, clearly an admin did.

How's a community supposed to function if the system with which it communicates does not?

MrAirgunRT
05-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you guys for sticking up for me. This was all a misunderstanding. I believe part of the problem is that I've been posting off my mobile phone. The mod team has PMed me, and everything is getting taken care of, the mods are doing what they can to help me. Sorry for all the confusion gents!
EDIT: (Also I was incorrect on my join date, my true join date was in 2001. I did a search on my username MrAirgunRT, and you can see all of my old posts dating back to 2001)

AO Moderation Team
05-19-2012, 12:26 AM
I stand by my original statement since I understood the first post.

He didn't create the new version of the old name, clearly an admin did.

How's a community supposed to function if the system with which it communicates does not?

You Fail........The new version wasn't created it was simply changed from ANOTHER second account.
Why? Because the old or original account went the way of the dodo for some cyber reason.
It was done by a Mod not an Admin. We did communicate. We posted and PMd the user.

Is it all fixed? No. An Admin is looking into it.

Anyway, to MrAirgunRT, WE stand corrected and are sorry for the confusion. :cheers:

If you follow the flow chart to where it says.....can you blame someone else>>>yes>>>who>>Microsoft OR this OLD vBull software.

Welcome back to AO its been awhile.

Here are the search links we found trying to fix this snafu.

Search link
http://automags.org/forums/search.php?searchid=3997025

Some notable threads and posts.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=332047&highlight=MrAirgunRT#post332047

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=362799&highlight=MrAirgunRT#post362799

History repeats itself here.....LOL

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=856809&highlight=MrAirgunRT#post856809

MrAirgunRT
05-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Hey, alot has happened in 11 years! I can never remember old accounts, and when I left for the Marine Corps, I lost just about all my old info. (Backing up files DOES come in handy :P ) I was a little bummed out cuz I also lost all my old paintball event pics. I didn't imagine they would still be posted on these old threads.. I was surprised to see the old threads were still around.
Thank you guys though, seriously. Lot of old memories resurfaced with these old posts.

AO Moderation Team
05-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Hey, alot has happened in 11 years!
Thank you guys though, seriously. Lot of old memories resurfaced with these old posts.

No doubt and THANKS for serving. :hail: If an Admin cant fix it at least the links are posted.
Best and least we could do. :cheers:

SCpoloRicker
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Guize, Wats Going On in this Thread??

AO Moderation Team
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey Guize, Wats Going On in this Thread??

Fred got MARRIED. :eek: :wow: :tard:

wetwrks
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Fred got MARRIED. :eek: :wow: :tard:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Army
06-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Well there's yer problem! Ya joined the Marines :)

Oh, and really? You guys think keyboard shorthand for 2012 is "2K12". Really? Is that in case some of us can't figure out what the 0 is for? I can see the Marine not getting it, but the rest of us have a clue :D