PDA

View Full Version : z-body and the freak

Darkling
02-17-2002, 04:08 PM
the z-body and the freak. will they work well together? i was reading that for the z-body to work, you need a large bore barrel and small bore paint, because what it does is deflects the paintball, causing backspin, and rolls it along the top of the barrel, and if your paint fit right or it was too big it wouldnt have enought room to roll on the top and therefore wouldnt work. now to my question. if you had a freak and a z-body, would you be able to use them together and have it work properly? i know theres different inserts for it, but thats only in the back. is the front piece a large bore or small? if it was large, i guess it would work right, but if the front piece was small, would it? thanks for your help.

Darkling

soilent green
02-17-2002, 09:17 PM
it would work better but did you think about it the front of the freak is bigger than the biggest insert duh it would be useless if it were smaller

joeyjoe367
02-17-2002, 11:41 PM
If the freak has an instert that's .696 or larger, it'll work fine with most paint.

But the thing is, it's kinda pointless to use a freak for the Z-body. The point of the freak is to have a good paint/barrel match, whereas for the Z-body, as long as your paintball is fairly loose in the barrel, it'll work fine.

Now, if you wanna use it without the backspin also, that's great, but I recommend getting maybe 3 differant 1 pc CP barrels instead. It's about