PDA

View Full Version : Warp loader

Watcher
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm sure that this has been asked many times in the past, but with the modern introduction of many new hopper designs what are people finding very effective on their warp-feeds?

My good ol' Rico Apache is starting to get busted up and finding replacement shells/hoppers is proving to be impossible or expensive. I don't want to sacrifice my 12v Revy to permanent warp-duty, unless I can find another Revy in nice condition, so I'm looking for something newer to take a permanent place on my warp.

I do have a Halo, but I don't like it on the warp, not with it's large size and weight.
I also have an old Ricochet AK but it is rather slow and can't really keep up with my mag. Plus it is kind of beat up as well and I only keep it as a backup or a loaner hopper.

The Apache being around 18bps was perfect! If I could find something similar I'd be very happy.
The Egg has no appeal to me, I don't like the design, weight, or lid.

Any suggestions?

uv_halo
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm sure that this has been asked many times in the past, but with the modern introduction of many new hopper designs what are people finding very effective on their warp-feeds?

My good ol' Rico Apache is starting to get busted up and finding replacement shells/hoppers is proving to be impossible or expensive. I don't want to sacrifice my 12v Revy to permanent warp-duty, unless I can find another Revy in nice condition, so I'm looking for something newer to take a permanent place on my warp.

I do have a Halo, but I don't like it on the warp, not with it's large size and weight.
I also have an old Ricochet AK but it is rather slow and can't really keep up with my mag. Plus it is kind of beat up as well and I only keep it as a backup or a loaner hopper.

The Apache being around 18bps was perfect! If I could find something similar I'd be very happy.
The Egg has no appeal to me, I don't like the design, weight, or lid.

Any suggestions?

I haven't used my Woodstalker Ion in over a year (only because of FS rounds) but, I found it fairly compatible with the Rotor (if you can rotate the Warp out a bit):
http://images56.fotki.com/v1601/photos/1/363331/8808427/DSC00023Small-vi.jpg

However, in the last few months before I stopped using it, I switched to the Egg 4 (I'm only mentioning it since I'm not sure which Egg you were referring to). It might be a tad bit heavier than the rotor (I can't remember for sure) but, it allows for a very tight setup, and the newer 'revvy material' shell makes the it very durable. My lid hasn't snapped off like the earlier versions but, I can't confirm that it's any stronger than the old ones.

About the only thing close to the old ricochet's (in terms of weight/performance) currently produced would be the pinokio loaders since they are nearly direct decendents. However, I'm not sure how the feedneck/nose area would work with the warp feed (since I don't have a pinokio).

Justus
05-22-2012, 01:02 PM
I use a Ricochet Apache on one, and a Dye Rotor on the other. The Rotor is much more expensive, but I also use it as a direct center-feed hopper too, so it pulls double-duty. Also, it's probably easier to find a Rotor for sale than it is to find an Apache.

If you tilt your warp at the right angle, both of those hoppers work well without modification due to the narrower nose part.

TimmyJay
05-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Stick to this mod and ditch the warp all together. It is a little time consuming to get it set up, but dynamite thereafter.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/172569-custom-halo-too-hose-fed-angel-a4-fly.html

need4reebs
05-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Stick to this mod and ditch the warp all together. It is a little time consuming to get it set up, but dynamite thereafter.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/172569-custom-halo-too-hose-fed-angel-a4-fly.html

thats a Sa WeeT mod man...was thinking about doing that sometime! but for now i just use my 12v revvy on my Warp Feed! :headbang:

keiko_819
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
my favorite is how my vlocity jr works in conjuntion with lukes warp braket...tight profile and the hopper is similar shape to the apache so you dont have to have it twisted.... :headbang:

Watcher
05-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I forgot all about those Pinokios, I'll have to try to find one of them. From what I've seen, they work very well on warps.

Anyone use the Valken loader on a warp?

That mod making the Halo/Reloader into the warp itself is pretty cool, but I like the nostalgia and WTF factor of the warp box.
The modified hopper just seems like a modified hopper, but the warp being a production piece, I think, draws a lot more attention on the field.