PDA

View Full Version : Skyball

Tropical Life
05-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Pretty sure most of you seen this but for those who havent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5-EYkpMsc

skipdogg
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Great vid. I was just talking to Jim Lively last weekend at Living Legends about skyball. As you can imagine the cost to put on the events were major $$$ with little financial reward.

shives007
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Seen, I was there. We even ran pumps against the semis. Won one game (I think the other team was Tippmann sponsored), and then talked another team into going against us with loaner pumps. Won that one too.

It was a blast.

Shives

RT Lover
05-27-2012, 09:47 PM
I remember me and my team were going to go one year we were bad ass and all pumped up... ran practice once a week with drills I really think we would of got a good place... but the big employer most of the guys worked for laid off.... sucks so much we were getting ready to order plane tickets

Spazmok
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
oh those were the days. funny enough some of skyball still lives at my field! the mini-scoreboard/buzzer they used and the extra rolls of turf have been getting used at Infinite for the last 3 years now :cool:

SeeK
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
I remember at Skyball 2 they had a Tippmann Flatline demo cage designed with a sign midway that was low enough to stop most markers from shooting up at an angle to cover the distance. I don't think that stopped our Phantoms.

Ando
05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
I was stationed in Germany during this.

kevdupuis
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Been to a number of skyball events, some fun times hanging at the AGD kiosk.

RKL
06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Pod b*tched at one and then reffed at a number of them. Can't remember the specific years though. They tend to blend in my head.

I do remember one year the count being 78'ish welts over a two day period.

Another year, the ref shirts being mostly black which was not a clever choice on the part of the producers.

Cheer
Bob Lohmaier
Ottawa, Canada