PDA

View Full Version : Large Document scanner

Swampy
05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't use CAD first off but would a kinko's or like store scan and digitize (is that a word?) "blue prints". Got a client out that lives out of town, Texas, that wants to see a design before I build.

going_home
05-29-2012, 04:58 AM
I don't use CAD first off but would a kinko's or like store scan and digitize (is that a word?) "blue prints". Got a client out that lives out of town, Texas, that wants to see a design before I build.

Staples will be cheaper scanning prints to PDF's but Kinkos will do it.
I imagine most Office Depo's will do it too.

;)

McG
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM
How big are the prints?

Swampy
05-29-2012, 09:09 PM
About 24"x48"ish. I've used the local kinko's to get copies of something that size didn't know I could get a digital copy. I'll check the office depot as well.

bjjb99
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
About 24"x48"ish. I've used the local kinko's to get copies of something that size didn't know I could get a digital copy. I'll check the office depot as well.

Depending on how much resolution you need at that size, you might be able to get by with taking (or having someone take) a digital photo of the blueprint. The current generation of digital cameras have sensors measuring around 4800 pixels across, so you'd get an image with an effective resolution of around 100 ppi. Are there any markings of importance on the blueprint that are finer than, say, 1/50th of an inch?

Swampy
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Depending on how much resolution you need at that size, you might be able to get by with taking (or having someone take) a digital photo of the blueprint. The current generation of digital cameras have sensors measuring around 4800 pixels across, so you'd get an image with an effective resolution of around 100 ppi. Are there any markings of importance on the blueprint that are finer than, say, 1/50th of an inch?

What? You lost me there.

DEErrrrrrUp I mow grass!!!!!!!