PDA

View Full Version : foamies

keiko_819
05-31-2012, 11:36 PM
so at lease half of my mags dont have foamies, i keep shooting them out after feeding some oil and dry firing...when i superglue them back in do i just put a drop on each of the 3 corners or do i apply glue to the whole foamie...ive been playing without them for a while now and havent had any problems but just want it to be right...thanks :headbang:

Ando
06-01-2012, 06:46 AM
If it's not causing issues just go with out it. Once I shoot mine out I don't bother with it unless It's causing problems. Some setups need them some don't.

As far as gluing them. Use alcohol to clean and dry both the foamy and face of the bolt. Find some Epoxy, mix and dip the foamy in it. Make sure you coat the not just the bottom but a tad bit over the bottom edge of the foamy. Align the foamy with the head of the bolt and apply. Some people cut the edges off the foamy to keep the air flow from hitting it too much but that's more of a preference thing.

athomas
06-01-2012, 07:49 PM
...when i superglue them back in do i just put a drop on each of the 3 corners or do i apply glue to the whole foamie...Apply glue to the entire contact surface. A clean surface is critical. As mentioned, use an epoxy cement if you have it. It will glue the neoprene to the steel with better adhesion. The superglue can cause the neoprene to get weaker where it is glued, although I have never lost one after supergluing.

keiko_819
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
thanks Ando and athomas...it hasn't caused me an issue before but like i said, i just want to make it right...never tried the epoxy though, off to the hardware store for me :cheers:

bss
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
If you are planning on using superglue or cyanoacrlate glue (aka CA), use the good stuff. Go to your local RC hobby shop and look for Zap or Jet glue.