PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new Rail ( Custom )

Fatalis
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Who would be interested in making a rail that would go the full length of a Minimag body? Was thinking about making the bottom of the rail from the grip frame picatinny to the tip. Would be using a Intelli for the grip frame, so from that forward would be the picatinny. The rest of the rail could just be slug with a AM/MM sear/sear pin design.

This would be for mounting whatever tac foregrip you wanted. Preferably MagPul AFG 2

Thanks & :cheers:

Ando
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a MagPul on my pump handle.

I was wanting to do this on my blank Emag length rail I have but can't remember why i never did. If I remember correctly it's not wide enough to do the picatinny.

Fatalis
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
^ are you referring to the height of the rail or thickness? If the picatinny was forward of the grip frame area, it wouldn't matter with the depth/height/thickness.

sQuidvision
06-08-2012, 09:03 PM
this is a tacti-cool idea!

luke
06-09-2012, 01:16 AM
How many you want 20? 30? :D

Ando
06-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Like I said, I don't remember why i decided against it. I was going to replace the rail in this pic to the left with the blank I have.

This build has been in the works for a while so my reasoning is a little foggy.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/jbonot/Mag%20Builds/efeb6dbe.jpghttp://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/jbonot/Mag%20Builds/Mag%20Project%201/Untitled.jpg

I'm pretty sure I convinced myself in buying a short picatinny rail like the one in the pic below and drill/tap the current rail in the pic above to accommodate it. That way it's modular and i'm not stuck with the rail system if I want to go with a different setup like what I have on it now.
http://www.atigunstocks.com/img/p/286-843-PNG.png

I have so much gear/parts it not even funny and had ideas for all of it at one time or another but it's all gone to the way side for over a year now.

zondo
06-09-2012, 06:51 AM
You could start a new line of picatinny mounted foregrips

Fatalis
06-09-2012, 11:03 AM
How many you want 20? 30? :D

All depends on pricing my friend. :rofl:

bbotts77
06-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Ando, I really like the way that looks. This is almost what I was imagining when Luke was looking for suggestions for a new tac rail with an under-mount picatiny rail. I like how the cuts on the sides line up with the cuts in the body. The only thing I don't like is the angled cut at the front of the rail. I would have drawn something up, but I'm terrible at drawing in just about every medium.

Luke, is something like this doable? If so, do you have a ballpark cost in mind?

Carnage reigns
06-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Since i've thought about keeping my minimag body i was thinking about a rail but i want one between minimag and full length sizes. Long enough to fit my triton and a stick grip with a small gap.

luke
06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
All depends on pricing my friend. :rofl:

Price goes hand in hand with how many are being made/sold.

Fatalis
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
^ I'm not one for starting a pre-order or anything. Would really just be interested in 1 for myself. PM'd ya Luke