PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag question

stircrazzzy
06-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Hey guys, I've built a handful of pneumags in the past and my current mm2k9/m90 is my main go-to-gun. But, I have a question...

Is there any way to route some air to another ram or something even smaller that will smack the trigger RT-style? I can't figure out how to use the mag-mod in the m90 and the trigger is so light I feel like I could rip a lot faster if it offered more resistance.

So, what I'm envisioning is this:

Pull the trigger back, tip the msv2 and the ram hits the lever that fires the mag. The gas then routes back down into another ram which forces (quickly) the trigger back to the starting position.

Any reason this wouldn't work? How tough would it be?

Frizzle Fry
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Simple enough.. well, not really. You're going after a setup similar to the Reflex Piston or a Tippmann R/T piston. The route I'd take is probably to use the traditional setup, but to route air to a 2-way operated by the backward travel of the bottom of the sear, or a 2-way operated by a second adustable pin to the trigger, then from there to your piston. Your frame is gonna be big.

The issue is really moving parts. The automag doesn't have many. The Reflex autococker used the pump arm and secondary ram to actuate the 2-way and operate the piston. With the Tippmann, it relies on blowoff from the valve. The automag doesn't have either.

This would be much easier if you wanted the response aspect to be electronic and the pneumatic triggering to remain mechanical... Sort of a hybrid system, but it would be smaller, easier to fit in existing frames, and way easier to time.