PDA

View Full Version : Paintball pants!

Fox_mini
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Hello guys I'm looking for buying new paint pants! Anyone has some that they own with comments! I'm looking for something like a heavy duty crotch! And are there any pants with padding on thigh? Sick and tired of dumbo cheap / fake paintball pants ( lifetime stupid warranty that cover nothing)! Ready to pay but quality needs to be there!

Thanks

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-10-2012, 02:19 AM
is there a local store around you? actually seeing the pants before you by them definitely does help you decide. (cheaper ones are a bit on the thinner side while the pricy pants actually do have more padding and feel more durable). I personally have used dye and planet eclipse mainly because they are the only 2 pairs i ever purchased and both are still perfectly wearable now. (and i put them through hell)

Drix
06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I had a pair of eclipse limited 07's which were pretty comfortable and well padded to keep the boys safe and built like a tank. Most of my time however is spent in a pair of lighter weight protos with my crotch out of the line of incoming fire. The proto's feel like crap to me but I've yet to put holes in the knees so they must be doing something right, I've had them for 2-3y now.

sjrtk
06-11-2012, 07:55 AM
I have 2 pair of Invet by Empire pants. Got them at a good price (old stock) from an Army Navy store. The feel durable and i have been using them for about a year and a half now with VERY minor ware on some of the stitching mostly from sliding and pivoting.

PsychoMag
06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I have angel pants. I've got a pair in blue and a pair in green. The blue ones are 6 or 7 years old now and only show wear on the knees a bit and have faded a bit. The green ones are 2008 and show no wear and tear as of yet.

GRimm
06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I have planet eclipse pants, and they work great, padding where you need it and they breath really really well so you wont be sweltering when you where them.

sQuidvision
06-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I have angel pants. I've got a pair in blue and a pair in green. The blue ones are 6 or 7 years old now and only show wear on the knees a bit and have faded a bit. The green ones are 2008 and show no wear and tear as of yet.
i too have angel pants... really love them though they can be a bit hot when it comes to playing in the middle of the summer. Indoors, spring or fall and they are great!

river031403
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I have valken crusades. I am pretty hard on my pb pants these are doing very well for me. plenty of flex in the crotch and lets just say i play hard and these pants are doing great. :shooting:

kchadek
06-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I've used Dye pants for years and like them. Mainly play speedball now but back in the day also used em in the woods. You can find older ones on the nation for pretty cheap. Also if you are looking for more protection try slider shorts.

halB
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
If money is tight, check out goodwill or thrift stores for some good ole 90s parachute pants. Some of them are very tough, and certainly baggy enough to protect the boys.

IrishRedneck86
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I would personally recommend Planet Eclipse pants as they really do have good padding right where you need it and they hold up very well I still have mine from 09 and have beat them up in speedball and the woods and besides some very light staining from the paint hardly show any real signs of wear. The only thing to be careful of with the eclipse pants is they are very fitted and tend to run small in the upper thighs and waist cause normally every other company I wear a 2XL to have them slightly baggy but the 2XL with eclipse are a tight fit so when I go to buy another set sometime soon Ill have to go with a 3XL

Pyrate Jim
06-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Been playing 24 years now and the most comfortable, most durable and longest lasting pants I wear are also the least expensive.
Military Surplus BDU's.
Re-inforced crotch, layered knees, well ventilated in Summer and reasonably warm during Winter...These are what "paintball" pants try to emulate at triple the cost & half the quality.

Keep in mind, I don't give a hoot for looks. I buy for paintball, not a fashion show.

RT Lover
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
i have a used set off ebay, Jt something, I love them, thick and rugged i was impressed for my 15 dollars i think it was go to a pro shop and try some on is the best way.. and the chance of getting shot in the balls is slim i think. I did it once years ago when i first started. I got the guy across the field up through the leg on his shorts. it was epic lol i have no idea how i got him there i wasnt trying to get him there he was in a closet across the field i was just laying paint down there lol