PDA

View Full Version : Under 210 FPS

Skiddz
06-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I just pulled my Tac-one out from retirement after being sponsored to do a run with this weekend. I had a ULT installed in it a few years back when it was my main setup.

I don't remember at the time it shooting below 270 but this weekend I installed my barrel and took it to the chrono. I was hitting average 200, some shots 194...

I decided to take it out anyways. I had a few times where it refused to even shoot and took a few pulls to get shots off.

I haven't fooled around with it, nor have I been in the game of mags in a quite some time to even begin to remember how to go about this problem. Should I try replacing the drive spring with a tighter one first or what? The automag air tech my team is sponsored by left the field I was at before I could run it to him.

Any ideas?

Ando
06-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Did you oil it?

Is it venting out the back when you try to increase the pressure?

What bolt spring are you using?

It's good practice to pull the valve apart and manuall lube the orings when the markers been sitting for long periods of time.

Skiddz
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I haven't pulled it apart this year yet.

I'm pretty sure i'm using gold. No venting out the back either.

athomas
06-28-2012, 04:18 PM
If its shooting low, turn up the velocity adjuster.

Skiddz
07-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Its on max, and lowering the velocity doesn't adjust it

athomas
07-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Are both springs installed in the velocity adjuster? What is the output of the bottle regulator that you are using? It needs to be a high output tank pressure (about 800psi or higher).

Skiddz
07-07-2012, 03:28 AM
In all honesty, the last time it was messed with was by the team sponsor tech guy.

Also, i'm not too sure on it being high pressure but I know its a nitro duck tank and it is used on my tippy so there is no way its a LPA

athomas
07-07-2012, 07:24 AM
If it was used on a Tippmann, then it is most likely a high pressure output.

You will need to take the valve completely apart and clean it. Inspect the orings when you do and make sure they are in good shape, are the correct ones, and are in the correct location. Make sure both springs are installed in the regulator adjuster and that the regulator pin assembly is properly put together with both orings separated by the plastic split washer.

Ando
07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
If you have an adj Duck Reg. You might need to bump the pressure on it too.