PDA

View Full Version : 86* or Vert Single trigger frame?

OPBN
06-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Why has no one every made one of these for the Mag? CCM makes them for their pumps (and I think for a couple others). Is there any interest in one? With XMT finishing up the aluminum MM bodies, maybe this could be the next project if enough interest was shown?

luke
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
It's on my list if I can ever find time to get to it. The last 2 months have been hell for me. Still trying to get caught up.

Spider-TW
06-27-2012, 10:59 AM
It's on my list if I can ever find time to get to it. The last 2 months have been hell for me. Still trying to get caught up.

Good, 'cause I think I've figured out what you should do with this (again). :rolleyes:

jk, but I do have a couple of thoughts. The old vert frames weren't really meant to grip well, more like roll your hand around and down as you pull the marker in. I always thought they looked good, but I always shot low unless I was crouching low behind a bunker.

Since you can't roll your hand off a single trigger very far, it might be nice to shorten the frame a bit, compared to angel and other vert frames. It does mean custom grips though.

If I was going to try to make one of these work for me, I would start with a drop-kick rail (your other project), to make me tuck the bottle in more, making the setup kind of like a y-frame.

Last, I'm thinking of a Triggernomics type trigger with a wide, flat bottom to let me use the bottom of the trigger, as my hand is angled up.

Just dreaming, but that's why I don't like vert frames, I just can't use the top 1/4 very well with most setups.

captian pinky
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
or we could talk ccm into it and it wouldnt take them long to make them since they already have the shape, grips, hole pattern, machining, literally they would have to cut a bigger slot and make a metal trigger and thats about it.

OPBN
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I thought about that, but the one time I contacted them about making their fittings with a shorter thread portion, I was given the "we're way too busy for custom work" spiel. However, they price their 45* frames at under $100 which is nice if we could get the 90/86 for similiar. I don't want to spend $200 for a frame. And they do offer anodizing.

Patron God of Pirates
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Just wanted to post my support for this idea. I would be down for one if they were at or below 150.

addbot
07-13-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm in for a 86* frame

D3adpool
07-14-2012, 07:02 AM
I'd be in for a *86 frame depending in design. If its a CCM *86 frame, most definitely.

mpsd
07-14-2012, 09:11 AM
How hard is it to get a regular CCM frame and convert it to fit a Mag?

sQuidvision
07-14-2012, 09:48 AM
How hard is it to get a regular CCM frame and convert it to fit a Mag?
There was a thread about this on MCB a while back... apparently the tolerances are pretty tight to make enough room for the sear's "leg". That said there was a picture of a successful conversion. Ill see if i can dig the thread up.

EDIT: Looks like XM15 did it... see post 17 for details

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/186975-z-grip-pump-other-unique-grips-well-2.html

addbot
07-14-2012, 10:17 AM
There was a thread about this on MCB a while back... apparently the tolerances are pretty tight to make enough room for the sear's "leg". That said there was a picture of a successful conversion. Ill see if i can dig the thread up.

EDIT: Looks like XM15 did it... see post 17 for details

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/186975-z-grip-pump-other-unique-grips-well-2.html
tnx for posting that link