PDA

View Full Version : Pressure behind trigger, but gun won't fire.

magfan
07-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey all. I have a classic valved automag that I can't get to fire. It ran fine last year when I used it last, but now its having issues. It airs up, there's pressure behind the trigger, but it will not fire. .

I usually use an RT on/off, but I tried a classic to no avail. And I have a Shocktech regulator on it, but switching to back to the stock reg didn't change anything.

Could I get some help please? Thank you!

xero28
07-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Did you check the trigger rod (the rod that's connected to the sear that is pushed by the trigger)? There should be a small gap about the thickness of a credit card between the rod and the trigger when the gun is gassed up.

Dend78
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
sounds like the on/off orings may need a lil oil, if you havent used it for a while they may be causing the on/off pin to hang up. i had the same issue with my first mag but a little oil and she was back in action as soon as i put it together and gassed it up. for sure follow xero's advice though cause that will screw things up as well

athomas
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Take the bolt out and rub some oil on the bolt stem. Install the short bolt spring. Make sure the velocity is turned up far enough.

If it is sticking, use a larger carrier size to hold your white carrier oring. Make sure you remove all the shims before testing carrier sizes. Use the largest carrier size that does not produce a leak.

skipdogg
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
level 7 or level 10?

C_losjoker
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
I had the same thing with one of my rt's. My problem was that, inside one of the macro elbows, there was a co2 filter. So the valve was getting enough air to put pressure on the trigger but it was starving because that filter was blocking most of it. check your asa on/off too