PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Consistency???

Valadian
02-17-2002, 10:38 PM
I was just wondering exactly how many shots should I be getting off of my 68ci flatline on my E-Mag? Do understand that Im coming from using CO2 which has alot more shots per fill correct? It just seems that my gun doesnt get too many shots, how many, I'm not sure, maybe around 300-400 (thats probably being generous), is this normal and ok?
I've got the output pressure set to around 850 or so. I also know that a nitro tank loses some air after it chills. I was just a little surprised when I sat and watched my needle dropping quickly as I test fired my gun earlier today. Anything I can do to increase how many shots I get? Im just trying to determine whether or not this is normal just to be sure nothing is wrong with the gun itself. I had problems with the tank, but nothing exactly with the reg itself and it just came back from a full inspection from AGD. Thanks to anyone who helps me out.:D

Valadian
02-17-2002, 10:54 PM
Ok Im sorry I'm tired and just noticed I said consitency when thats not the problem, what I'm wondering is # of shots per tank on a 2500-3000 fill, geez, I gotta get to sleep......:rolleyes:

masterninja
02-19-2002, 04:47 AM
Did you try adjusting your reg pressure down a little. You should be getting closer to 600 shots per fill with a 68ci 3000psi tank.

AGD
02-19-2002, 06:30 AM
I get 800 easy from a 3k fill. Ususally if your getting less that that it's because you are using too short a barrel.

AGD

Valadian
02-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the replies. Hmm it might be the barrel then, I'll try some different ones.

Ok, now I was told that a lower output pressure actually uses more air than a higher one, is this correct?

Butterfingers
03-06-2002, 02:27 AM
no, higher chamber pressures consume more air

Mr. Grumble
03-06-2002, 03:25 AM
Ok, now I was told that a lower output pressure actually uses more air than a higher one, is this correct?

On some markers the answer might be yes, but not on a mag. The mag fires from a fixed volume reservior, so higher pressure uses more air per shot then a lower pressure.
Mr. G

Fix post, get sleep