PDA

View Full Version : Emag solenoid wired backwards

Justus
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
So I just did the compass/solenoid test on my E-Tac and found out that it's wired backwards. I plan to reverse it. What's the best way of doing that? I'm thinking, cut, strip, solder and heat shrink, but if there's a better or easier way, please let me know.

athomas
07-09-2012, 06:31 PM
If you are good at soldering, desolder it from the board, reverse the leads, then resolder to the board. That way you don't need to twist wires together or heat shrink anything. If you aren't good at soldering, you could damage the board.

Cutting the wires, stripping the wires, reversing the leads, resoldering, then heatshrinking is the next best option.

bbotts77
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
So I just did the compass/solenoid test on my E-Tac and found out that it's wired backwards. I plan to reverse it. What's the best way of doing that? I'm thinking, cut, strip, solder and heat shrink, but if there's a better or easier way, please let me know.
Where in IL are you? If you're not comfortable desoldering and resoldering it to switch the polarity, I'd be happy to take care of it for you. I'm in McHenry.