PDA

View Full Version : Triumphant Return

Mobius V
07-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I have been dusting off my emags for the last two years finally getting them running with no leaks or other issues. Went to the field last weekend and got some weird looks from the sponsored field teams practicing and other walk on players. Ha all my mags ( 2 E's and RTP) worked very well with some minor issues, like my macro line literally blowing out right in the middle of the line.. That was a first for me luckily I had a replacement piece.. :tard: and a couple issues with my warp feed but other than having to hold the manual run button the entire last game and knocking the last four people out it was a successful day seven years in the making. By the end of the day myself and my couple mag wielding friends were the people EVERYone wanted to get on their teams. :headbang: Couple people made some comments on the weight of our warpfeed setups but we just said grow up.. ha it was fun, glad I held on to my mags :cheers: Now i'm hoping that all my warp needs is to flip the urethane wheels to get it to stop slipping. Looking forward to another field day in two weeks :)

Justus
07-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I know the feeling! I got stopped a LOT at D-Day by people commenting on my warped E-Tac.

SoulCoffin
07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
I can only imagine what it's like running with a warp, but I do enjoy talking to people who either ask me out of curiosity about my pneumags, or those that see them and know what the deal is

sQuidvision
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
where did you play at Mobius?

death594
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
good to see another MN mag enthusiast.

OPBN
07-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Couple people made some comments on the weight of our warpfeed setups but we just said grow up.. ha I dumped a fair amount of money into a warp setup and after getting it all together realized I hated the weight of it, and I'm 44. Don't think growing up has anything to do with it. I commend anyone willing to rock one, but telling someone to "grow up" is a bit harsh when all they are pointing out is the reality that its a heavy setup. Might be a bit nicer to argue for the pros that you feel the warp offers rather than insulting them.

El Zilcho
07-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I think the problem may be that you are now too old :D

OPBN
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I think the problem may be that you are now too old :D
Nice. Could be, but even my younger brother who is in freaking great shape came over, picked up the rig and compared it to walking around carrying a cinder block all day long.

My point really is that it's counter productive to chastise someone because they disagree with your gear. Educating people is much more conducive to bringing people over to your side. If someone is admiring your gear and asks to hold it, then comments on its weight, is he going to react well when you tell him to "man up"? No, he's going to think you're a douche. Admit its heavier than a conventional setup and explain the benefits that you feel it gains.

kevdupuis
07-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I like running a warp setup on my mag, I like the weight.

Mobius V
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I played at a place call Action Packed Paintball in Jordan, MN, the "grow up" thing was not meant to be insulting at all to the people I said it to or anyone in general just a little field talk to get some people fired up to play the guy with a heavy gun maybe I will be "slower".

Mobius V
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I love the warp setup a lot I love being able to see right over the top of my emag it makes seeing your shots sooo much easier, the weight is yes not that desirable but you get acquainted with it easy enough.

jmiller
07-12-2012, 02:04 PM
good to see another MN mag enthusiast.
I couldn't agree more.

TimmyJay
07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
I love the warp setup a lot I love being able to see right over the top of my emag it makes seeing your shots sooo much easier, the weight is yes not that desirable but you get acquainted with it easy enough.

Save on the weight and a cleaner line of sight hmmm.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261468

:D

Mobius V
07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I like my original look better :p

My three: http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p589/sltietz/IMAG0302.jpg