PDA

View Full Version : Marker not shooting when pressure in tank <500 psi. Normal?

sup909
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Quick question for everyone. I just installed and tuned a lvl 10 bolt in a classic. Everything appears to be fine, but I noticed that when shooting (3000 psi tank) that when I get down to about 500 psi the marker not longer shoots and appears to vent as if the anti-chop is kicking in. Is this normal? I believe it used to shoot fine down here with the lvl 7 bolt.

Tropical Life
07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Automags have high pressure valves under 900 psi they start acting crazy

knownothingmags
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Quick question for everyone. I just installed and tuned a lvl 10 bolt in a classic. Everything appears to be fine, but I noticed that when shooting (3000 psi tank) that when I get down to about 500 psi the marker not longer shoots and appears to vent as if the anti-chop is kicking in. Is this normal? I believe it used to shoot fine down here with the lvl 7 bolt.
for me i get down too about 800psi and it vents and doesn't shoot, has preasure for the sear but thats it.

so for my personal experience it is normal.

i would get and expert or seasoned opinion that people trust though.
im seasoned back to 2000 but not much of an expert.

athomas
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
A level 10 bolt system with a medium spring uses about 500psi or more in the front chamber. That pressure is required to provide the force needed to over come the spring force pushing the bolt back. If the pressure in the tank gets low, the front chamber pressure never gets high enough to push the bolt and fire the gun. It may be high enough to start the bolt moving, but as soon as the vent hole is exposed, the excess air is released and the bolt resets. So, as the air gets low, you will start to experience misfires and chuffs.

There are two regulators between the tank contents and the front chamber. Each one results in a slight pressure drop although the biggest noticeable effect of low pressure is the lack of air volume meaning the time to recharge will be significantly increased.

sup909
07-13-2012, 08:49 AM
A level 10 bolt system with a medium spring uses about 500psi or more in the front chamber. That pressure is required to provide the force needed to over come the spring force pushing the bolt back. If the pressure in the tank gets low, the front chamber pressure never gets high enough to push the bolt and fire the gun. It may be high enough to start the bolt moving, but as soon as the vent hole is exposed, the excess air is released and the bolt resets. So, as the air gets low, you will start to experience misfires and chuffs.

There are two regulators between the tank contents and the front chamber. Each one results in a slight pressure drop although the biggest noticeable effect of low pressure is the lack of air volume meaning the time to recharge will be significantly increased.

Good to know. I believe I have the middle spring in place.