View Full Version : idea for a new gun

zvanut
02-17-2002, 10:44 PM
its a blowforward cocker at heart

any comments i will take.

Thanx

zvanut
02-17-2002, 10:45 PM
and here is what each color represents...

Rock Star
02-19-2002, 05:26 PM
well that certaiknly would work but stripping a cocker from its clsed bolt design wouldnt make it a cocker. :) its like stripping a man of his faimly jewls.

cphilip
02-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Going to move this to Main. If it develops into a Deep Blue thread I can return it.

Zumina
02-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Looks like a mag stripped of it's inline design. That would only make it more difficult to work on, and prone to frequent failures.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-21-2002, 04:09 PM
here ya go....

InfinatyBPS
02-21-2002, 05:13 PM
I personaly do not like the blow forward design because it is impossable not to chop a ball. There would be too much force pushing the bolt forward. I too thought of a new design for a gun and it was an inline design like a mag with a rear valve and everything but it would be very hard to put any design into production or even get a prototype. Otherwize there would be quite a few new markers on the market today.

FeelTheRT
02-21-2002, 06:17 PM
that defeats the whole purpose of Cockers. That thing will have blowback. Cockers can be timmed to have suction feed which is the exact opposite of blowback. And with that Mag type trigger, you wouldn't be able to do funky trigger jobs and do ur own timming. And no pnumatics?! The pnumatics are everything! The pnumatics give differnet people's cockers different taste of variability.

I really don't see how that's a cocker at all, it's more of a taller Mag in a Spyder body.

//edited: And i think you should change the design abit because from where the bolt is, all the air will be going up into the feed making the gun a huge gas hog. On all guns, the bolt passes the feed tube to prevent blow back. Unfortunatly the Mag's bolt is too fast so before all the air and ball are at the end of the barrel, the bolt is already back in it's open position causing them to have blowback.