PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve problems

leloup
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Having some difficulties with tuning my x-valve. First off, I have three spacers, the dot, line, and dot with line. I am not using any of the metal discs that sit on top of the spacer as of yet.

With the dot spacer: airs up, there is pressure on the trigger, nothing happens when I pull it, no mater how far in the velocity is set.

With the line spacer: airs up, starts to leak until trigger is pulled. Then with velocity out a little bit, it acts as above. With velocity almost to max pulling the trigger will make it fire, but the trigger pull is super short and feels wrong. It also RTs like no one's business, even though I am not using a SHP tank. Every few shots it will stop shooting and then take a second to recharge, and then can shoot again. It is very erratic.

With the dot and line spacer: leaks out of the barrel, so I assume it is too large.

Where do I go from here?

OPBN
07-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Is your trigger rod adjusted properly? Should be a business cards width between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod. Is the valve setting when it airs up? It should at the very least click and in some cases fire when you air it up. Also, ULT or RT on/off? If ULT, how many shims? Do you have the FS screw finger tight? Have you tried adjusting it?

leloup
07-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Is your trigger rod adjusted properly? Should be a business cards width between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod. Is the valve setting when it airs up? It should at the very least click and in some cases fire when you air it up. Also, ULT or RT on/off? If ULT, how many shims? Do you have the FS screw finger tight? Have you tried adjusting it?

RT, not ULT. I'll take a look at the gap. FS screw is only finger tight, never thought about adjusting it (do you mean unscrewing it a little?). This valve always worked perfect until I took the powertube off, and now it has problems.

OPBN
07-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Powertube or powertube tip? Yes on the adjusting the FS screw. I have at least one that I have to fiddle with it to get it right.

athomas
07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
How old is your setup and what kind of rail, body, grip frame are you using?

Spider-TW
07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
How old is your setup and what kind of rail, body, grip frame are you using?
and do you have the rail bushing installed?

VecTor
07-24-2012, 03:56 PM
When I first started fine tuning my lvl 10 I had some of those same issues. I finally started putting oil right on the spacer oring then dropping oil through the valve. After a about a couple days of doing this i went back to just putting oil in the valve and that worked great. Just gotta break that oring in. You want to find some good quality oil as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Henchman
07-26-2012, 02:19 PM
With the gun aired up, check to see how tight the FS screw is.
9 times out of ten, when I have similar issues, loosening the FS screw solves the problem.
I have found that finger tight with no air pressure is too tight once aired up.
And yes, check to make sure you didn't forget the bushing.