PDA

View Full Version : Mini help

OPBN
07-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a Mini that i picked up a year or two ago. It has seen little use outside my backyard, actually I tried to use it once, but had some issues with it and put it back in the gear back and moved on to the next backup.

The issue that I seem to have is that if it sits for a period of time it will light up, and fire, but barely enough to push a ball out of the barrel. Normally if I fire it 30-40 times it will eventually pick up steam and start shooting normally. Tonight, it probably took 100 shots or so for it to finally warm up and start firing right. The battery is fine and I just lubed it up. Anyone else run into this? Once it starts going, its great, but reminds me of my mom old 240Z that you had to choke and let warm up for 5 minutes in the winter before it would run right.

need4reebs
07-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a Mini that i picked up a year or two ago. It has seen little use outside my backyard, actually I tried to use it once, but had some issues with it and put it back in the gear back and moved on to the next backup.

The issue that I seem to have is that if it sits for a period of time it will light up, and fire, but barely enough to push a ball out of the barrel. Normally if I fire it 30-40 times it will eventually pick up steam and start shooting normally. Tonight, it probably took 100 shots or so for it to finally warm up and start firing right. The battery is fine and I just lubed it up. Anyone else run into this? Once it starts going, its great, but reminds me of my mom old 240Z that you had to choke and let warm up for 5 minutes in the winter before it would run right.

sounds like noid issues? might be needin a good cleaning? what generation Mini?

OPBN
07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
sounds like noid issues? might be needin a good cleaning? what generation Mini?
Not sure of the generation. Its Orange, which I think was a limited edition or something? I went through one time and checked the generation info and it seems to have most of the upgrades. It has the vent for the ASA and couple of other things that I cant remember off the top of my head right now. I took it the drivetrain out the back and wiped everything down and lubed it just last night. I did not get into the poppet or anything. Still learning about this thing.

splat15k
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
When it's in the weird funk, does the gauge on the asa regulator stay at a steady 200 psi?

OPBN
07-20-2012, 11:41 AM
When it's in the weird funk, does the gauge on the asa regulator stay at a steady 200 psi?
Initially it was set at closer to 180, but as part of trying to get it going, I raised the pressure to 190-195. I was not watching the guage as I was firing it.