PDA

View Full Version : Computer Techs-Movie help

Magsrule3
02-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Well, whenever I try to download a paintball movie to watch it never works. It will completly download, then when it tries to open it say someting like "cannot find Accrobat reader" even though its right there on the desk top. My question is, why is it trying to use Acrrobat Reader?

P.S-I have Win. media player and I just downloaded Toms cocker breach movie and it worked fine. Is their any way you can convert PigTV or Shaggdaddies movies into that format?

Expalien/XPM
02-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Hrm, try re-installing acrobat. That should help.

Magsrule3
02-18-2002, 10:02 AM
But why would a movie need Acrobat to run it?

WickeDKlowN
02-18-2002, 11:55 AM
try going into win media player and opening it from there, if that dosnt work, whats the file format?

Arman/XPM
02-18-2002, 11:59 AM
Magsrule3
They donot. Some settings must have been "rearranged". Just follow Expalien's advice, and if that does not help - you can manually cut and paste the link of the multimedia file you are trying to view, into Windows Media Player. Hope that helps.
-Arman

WickeDKlowN
02-18-2002, 12:06 PM
or you could open pedia player click tools, options, file types, and select the file types you want media player to handle

FeelTheRT
02-18-2002, 12:31 PM
oiy... i hate it when that happens...
but i know what the prob is...

I assume your running windows so here goes...
doubleClick on ' My Computer'
click on 'View' in the menu selection thingy
click on 'Folder Options...'
click on 'File Types' tab

Now here comes the part where it could take a bit of looking around...
I think the Pig TV files are .rm which meens only Real Player can open so looking for RealPlayer file and make sure the extension is .rm

//---------------------

As for Shaggdaddies videos, the ex is .mov which meens you have to have Apple Quicktime (my fav) to play.