PDA

View Full Version : New price of SFL emag?

Xmagterror
07-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Wondering how much SFL emags were when you could still buy a new one? Also what year did they come out?

I owned a red one a couple years back...took it on trade from a local guy....I traded it.

Tropical Life
07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
they were about $1450 but they had options I think for more money if you wanted a dye barrel.

mpsd
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
IIRC there were only 30 produced, all of them back in 2003.

knownothingmags
07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
they go for about 2500-3800$ now right?

RST
07-24-2012, 03:03 PM
they go for about 2500-3800$ now right?

This is what the owners asking for. And there are still people around who want one.

To be honest I would not pay more than a grand for one in very good condition now.
A grand, because they are rare "E-Mags".
For what are E-Mag lowers going today? 250? 300? A valve for 100. So 600 for a rare body with a "simple" milling that did not take as long as an X in machining would be still ridiculus.
Shocktech could have done so much better to make a real Super F***** Light gun out of the block back in the days. Just my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, they are sweet, they are rare but I never got and will never get this SFL hype.

mpsd
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
That's what people have been asking for them now but in truth, I'm not sure if that's the actual price they are effectivelly getting on them. I'd say that $1.800 to $2.200 seems to be more real but that's my guess. Right now, it's been hard for me to justify paying $1K on a marker but that's just me.

mpsd
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, they are sweet, they are rare but I never got and will never get this SFL hype.

I get the hype but I don't get the money! LOL

OPBN
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I wouldnt pay a million dollars for a baseball card either, but there are those that will. The pure fact of the matter is that there were a very limited number made and there will never be any more made. For collectors that can afford it, and think its worth it, they will pay for it. Honestly, if I had the free cash and could afford it, I would probably take the plunge, but I dont and cant.

knownothingmags
07-24-2012, 04:12 PM
i have plenty of cash to buy many, want to buy many, the wife just wont let me do it lol.

bunny5
07-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Tropical Life is right, $1450. They came out around 2001. The prices have fluctuation throughout the years, but recently they have leveled out around $2500.

I've bought an SFL for $800, $1500, $1600, and $2500 throughout the years. It is alot cheaper to find people that don't know what automags.org is... :p

Btw, there may be SFLs in Switzerland and Venezuela if you want to look... :cheers:

Tropical Life
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
I wouldnt pay a million dollars for a baseball card either, but there are those that will. The pure fact of the matter is that there were a very limited number made and there will never be any more made. For collectors that can afford it, and think its worth it, they will pay for it. Honestly, if I had the free cash and could afford it, I would probably take the plunge, but I dont and cant.

^this, plus I dont think its much difference to a buyer when PE CSL, SL, etc markers have sold for $1850 and someone wanting a "rare supply and demand" SFL for a couple more dollars can own a piece of history. But yeah anybody selling SFL'S for $1000 I am here all day, pm me.

sQuidvision
07-24-2012, 06:51 PM
But yeah anybody selling SFL'S for $1000 I am here all day, pm me.
i got $1005 ;)

If i had the cash to burn i would consider picking up an SFL... it would be bitter sweet though... im not sure i could bring myself to play with it!

Loguzzzzzz
07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
The pricing is due to the rarity.

It is my understanding that Shocktech was contracted to make 50 SFL bodies. 33 made it into porduction and the rest were never machined. There was one that ended up being a glorified paper weight for unknown reasons other than they could never get it to work on a consistant basis. This makes me believe that there are 32 in circulation.

As an SFL owner if I were to sell my gear and quit tomorrow I have 3 AGD mags that I would most likely never sell and the SFL is on that list!