PDA

View Full Version : would a classic valve work with co2 if...

OneUp
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
if i install an x valve on/off?

because it's missing its stock on/off.

also, would i need to keep either of these 2 o-rings in the picture below (red and blue arrows) or do i take them both out and use the tiny one on the new on/off?

http://i.imgur.com/YlSo9.jpg

OPBN
07-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Yes, an RT on/off will work in a Classic Valve. You may have issues trying to use a ULT though.

Edit: Missed the part about the CO2. I am unsure. It sounds like from your description though that you have a ULT not an RT on/off.

OneUp
07-26-2012, 08:13 AM
which one is the ult? the one with shims and you can unscrew into 2 parts?

i got myself a classic valve, an x valve, and they came with a ult kit. it's all used, i don't know which is which because i can't be sure they're in the right boxes. i've never seen them before.

the shimmed one i'm guessing is the ult, my friend put that in the x valve when he checked out what i bought. that left the solid piece on/off but with square bottom that he took out, it is about to go into my classic and i am wondering if it would retain the classic valve's co2 compatibility.

Ando
07-26-2012, 08:45 AM
It will work fine with co2

OPBN
07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
which one is the ult? the one with shims and you can unscrew into 2 parts?

i got myself a classic valve, an x valve, and they came with a ult kit. it's all used, i don't know which is which because i can't be sure they're in the right boxes. i've never seen them before.

the shimmed one i'm guessing is the ult, my friend put that in the x valve when he checked out what i bought. that left the solid piece on/off but with square bottom that he took out, it is about to go into my classic and i am wondering if it would retain the classic valve's co2 compatibility.
Yes, the one that comes apart is the ULT.

OneUp
07-26-2012, 04:01 PM
awesome, thanks, and what about the o-rings?

OPBN
07-26-2012, 04:15 PM
In the valve you are using the ULT in, there should only be the small O-ring on the top of the on/off. In the valve you are using the RT on/off in there should be two Oring in the top of the on/off opening similiar to how it is in the diagram.

OneUp
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
thanks, that answered everything. :clap:

athomas
07-27-2012, 06:34 AM
If you use the retro on-off, it needs to be the entire retro on-off assembly, not just the pin. It sounds like you have the entire retro assembly from the X-valve so you should be fine. The small inner oring on the on-off top is different from the classic oring. The retro one is urethane and the classic one is teflon. The teflon won't work properly for the retro pin.

OPBN
07-27-2012, 06:57 AM
If you use the retro on-off, it needs to be the entire retro on-off assembly, not just the pin. It sounds like you have the entire retro assembly from the X-valve so you should be fine. The small inner oring on the on-off top is different from the classic oring. The retro one is urethane and the classic one is teflon. The teflon won't work properly for the retro pin.
I have to admit, I was not aware of this. Again, would possibly explain some issues.

skipdogg
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Good to know...

OneUp
08-01-2012, 01:39 AM
yep, got the right o-ring now and everything. thing works. thanks again! :clap: