PDA

View Full Version : Air America now Immortal Air.

Gabriel
07-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Warning: Gratuitous smiley usage ahead.

:dance:

So, you can't keep a good man down. :shooting: Dan Colby is back in the saddle with a new company, sure to continue his legacy of quality and innovation.

And check out the logo... a VERY nice tip o' the hat to the vintage Air America, pre-Guerilla Air. :headbang:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ImmortalAir/

ETA: I'm linking this here because Tom Kaye himself has posted on that facebook thread. :clap:

dboggs79
07-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Awesome! With the exception of Ninja, I'm not a big fan of any of the tank or reg manufacturers in the industry. Not that they all make bad stuff, just always loved all the Air America products. Still have a reg actually. Great news, can't wait!

BiNumber3
07-28-2012, 07:16 AM
I thought Air America continued as Guerrilla Air, or is it just the orignal Owner that's started Immortal Air?

kevdupuis
07-28-2012, 09:59 AM
The wife was telling me about this, can't wait until the web site is up.
I still have quite a few Air America regs that work great and enough parts that we picked up from AA before they closed to keep them running a long time. :clap:

Justus
07-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I've got an old AirAmerica reg that I found on a 3k Catalina aluminum bottle. I've thought of having the bottle rehydrotested and then anodized to match an old-school setup. The only problem is, I don't know how to mount this thing to a marker. It looks like it might have previously been used as a remote setup. Were there mounting brackets out there like what exists with the Flatline regs?

(Also, I opened up the reg and inside it looks pristine. The reg seat isn't even yellowed.)

OPBN
07-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I've got an old AirAmerica reg that I found on a 3k Catalina aluminum bottle. I've thought of having the bottle rehydrotested and then anodized to match an old-school setup. The only problem is, I don't know how to mount this thing to a marker. It looks like it might have previously been used as a remote setup. Were there mounting brackets out there like what exists with the Flatline regs?

(Also, I opened up the reg and inside it looks pristine. The reg seat isn't even yellowed.)
Probably takes a cradle style drop. I have a couple if you need one.

Justus
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Probably takes a cradle style drop. I have a couple if you need one.
Pics? (I hope you're not talking about those huge brackets that hold the tank itself, not the reg. I think those are ugly.)

luke
07-28-2012, 02:32 PM
This is the style I used on the old style AA regs.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/safeshooter13/DSCF0030.jpg

OPBN
07-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Pics? (I hope you're not talking about those huge brackets that hold the tank itself, not the reg. I think those are ugly.)
Nope, theyre called cradle style drops and they clamp onto the regulator. I had three, sold one with one of the Hyperflows I sold. I think both of what I have left are chrome, but would have to check to be sure:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/cradles.jpg

Gabriel
07-28-2012, 07:31 PM
I thought Air America continued as Guerrilla Air, or is it just the orignal Owner that's started Immortal Air?

Yes and no.

Air America turned into Guerilla Air, then the folks running it shut down the plant in the North, moved the production overseas and the customer service to California, and ousted Dan on very shady terms. Dan, who built the company from the ground up.

GA is AA, but only by technicality. Nothing is shared between what AA was and what GA is. Dan is the father, founder, and wizard behind AA... and now he has opened up shop as Immortal Air in the spirit of the old Air America.

BiNumber3
07-28-2012, 11:06 PM
ah i see, good to know, thanks:)

C_losjoker
07-28-2012, 11:57 PM
when was the air america black ice regulator last build? reason i ask is i have 3 of them that are brand new, never used at all. i put one of them on my ditto and the thing worked sweet and looks damn good on there too. i look forward to seen new stuff from him or a take of the retro look.

oh i also have one of those cradles luke has, but mine says bob long series.

Dayspring
07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Saw a little something that TK posted on that group:

Dan, I think there should be an "RT Regulator" in your future. Wada-ya-say??? I am sitting here waiting for ya buddy!

:cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

shives007
07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
oh i also have one of those cradles luke has, but mine says bob long series.

The Fred Schultz ones were 100x better. ;)

Shives