PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed on modern electros

dahoeb
07-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone try running a warp on a modern electro?

The reason I ask, is I'm planning on getting back into paintball (mainly scenarios) after a little break, and am looking to expand my armory. I've always ran warps on my mags and am curious if I could transfer the benefits to something like an Etha or another mid-level marker. Do they have enough recoil to activate it? Can the warp keep up? Is there even a way to mount it since most seem to have integrated rails/ASA's?

Any experience/wisdom is appreciated.

mpsd
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Should be fine provided that you have how to properly assemble it. I believe a regular, standard Warp can do 12 bps and most modern electros are capped at 12.5 bps IIRC. Still, if you can run your warp a little faster with a 12v mod, the better.

At last, why run a modern electro anyways? LOL Get yourself a nice pneu or e-pneu frame and keep rocking your Mag on the field!! :headbang:

dahoeb
07-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Should be fine provided that you have how to properly assemble it. I believe a regular, standard Warp can do 12 bps and most modern electros are capped at 12.5 bps IIRC. Still, if you can run your warp a little faster with a 12v mod, the better.

At last, why run a modern electro anyways? LOL Get yourself a nice pneu or e-pneu frame and keep rocking your Mag on the field!! :headbang:

haha yeah, I hear ya. It's not a speed thing though, I've never felt outgunned or anything with my xvalved mech mags. I've been using mags for the past 12 years and will keep using them, I'm just trying out some of the different flavors of markers, that's all. :cheers:

athomas
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
It will work. If the marker is super quiet, you can still tap off the solenoid wires and drive an opto switch to intelli-feed it.

Justus
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
The only other person I've seen running a warpfeed besides me is my dad, and that's because I set up his entire rig. I heard that there was one other warpfeed running around somewhere at D-Day, but never ran into the guy.

If you don't mind the extra weight, it's really awesome. I understand some people can't make that tradeoff, but I really like my warpfeed setups.

I run mine on an Emag though, and my dad's is intellifeed. No experience with modern electros.

dahoeb
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
The only other person I've seen running a warpfeed besides me is my dad, and that's because I set up his entire rig. I heard that there was one other warpfeed running around somewhere at D-Day, but never ran into the guy.

If you don't mind the extra weight, it's really awesome. I understand some people can't make that tradeoff, but I really like my warpfeed setups.

I run mine on an Emag though, and my dad's is intellifeed. No experience with modern electros.

Yeah, it's too bad the warp didn't catch on a little more. The weight sucked sometimes, especially during the occasional long walks across the field, but the benefit of not having a hopper in my profile or silhouette definitely grew on me. It's probably saved my butt more than a few times.

dahoeb
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
It will work. If the marker is super quiet, you can still tap off the solenoid wires and drive an opto switch to intelli-feed it.

Thanks Athomas, I completely forgot that you could do that.

uv_halo
08-01-2012, 08:40 AM
In my case
http://images17.fotki.com/v524/photos/1/363331/8808427/DSC00008Small-vi.jpg
(A heavily modified Ion)

I was able to put together a lead that plugs into the RF port of the Virtue OLED board. 100% Reliable, and I can even un-plug it from the board so, I don't have to pull the entire lead out through the frame.

I believe (cannot confirm) that this will work on other boards with RF ports.

cockerpunk
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Anyone try running a warp on a modern electro?

The reason I ask, is I'm planning on getting back into paintball (mainly scenarios) after a little break, and am looking to expand my armory. I've always ran warps on my mags and am curious if I could transfer the benefits to something like an Etha or another mid-level marker. Do they have enough recoil to activate it? Can the warp keep up? Is there even a way to mount it since most seem to have integrated rails/ASA's?

there are benefits to warp feed?

:D :p

:mad:

RST
08-01-2012, 10:19 AM
......I've always ran warps on my mags and am curious if I could transfer the benefits to something like an Etha or another mid-level marker. Do they have enough recoil to activate it? Can the warp keep up? Is there even a way to mount it since most seem to have integrated rails/ASA's?

I'm running a Warp on my Etha and on my new Geo3.
The nice thing is that you could mount a PTP warp adapter right on the feed tube of any PE marker. It fits perfect and lower is not possible.
But you have to use a custom rail or drill & tap threads into the gripframe so that you are able to mount the warp and an aftermarket on/off.

Pics:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/schneipinger/Foto010812171447.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/schneipinger/Foto010812171333.jpg

OPBN
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I guess if you think about it, using a warp on a newer marker make sense to a degree as you can offset the weight of the warp with the lightness of the modern marker. A warp wouldnt seem so heavy if it wasn't attached to a 5lb E-Mag.

dahoeb
08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm running a Warp on my Etha and on my new Geo3.
The nice thing is that you could mount a PTP warp adapter right on the feed tube of any PE marker. It fits perfect and lower is not possible.
But you have to use a custom rail or drill & tap threads into the gripframe so that you are able to mount the warp and an aftermarket on/off.

That was one of my big ?'s that I sorta needed clarity on, since I haven't been able to get my hands on any markers yet, I appreciate the heads up. I haven't been in the market for a gun for years (aside from other mags), it's amazing how some of these little things have changed.