PDA

View Full Version : egomag question

C_losjoker
08-02-2012, 01:50 AM
any of you guys with egomags ever used a classic body?
did you drill a hole in the frame for the twist lock pin?
any problems doing that or issues after?
thanks.

renie
08-02-2012, 05:19 AM
any of you guys with egomags ever used a classic body?
did you drill a hole in the frame for the twist lock pin?
any problems doing that or issues after?
thanks.

it doesn't matter what body you use :)

dboggs79
08-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Yeah, what he said. Since the twistlock assembly is in the rail, it wouldn't interfere with the frame. Unless I'm missing something?

BTAutoMag
08-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Yeah, what he said. Since the twistlock assembly is in the rail, it wouldn't interfere with the frame. Unless I'm missing something?

the twist lock sticks out below the rail.......

sQuidvision
08-02-2012, 06:53 AM
When I had my egomag I had it paired up with a mm body. I drilled a hole in the frame for the twist lock assembly and didn't have any issues. If you don't want to drill into your frame thougha great alternative is to grab a doc's TL-->cocker adapter. Then take your TL assembly, back the screw holding the spring all the way out, dump the internals out, cut it short so the bottom sits flush with the rail and then put it together again without the spring. You will lose the ability to depress the 'nipple' on the assembly, but with doc's adapter that doesn't matter anyhow.

Hope that helps!

OPBN
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Not sure if it is the version of the frame or not, but I have an Ego frame that has already had some milling done. It has a part in the front that looks like it was milled to accept a TL pin. With the pin in an AM/MM rail it will not clear the TL pin and the miling doesnt look like it can go much deeper without cutting through. With the TL in an Emag rail, it looks like it might clear it. Having a hard time telling because I cant push the TL pin all the way in without a press. I can check it a little later if you need. I think your safe bet is to just still with a ULE.

FYI, I may be in the market to sell this frame if you are interested.

renie
08-02-2012, 09:13 AM
A standard body will fit :) yes the twist lock pin poke through the standard rail
just means you have to mill a pocket in the frame it leaves you about 2mm wall thickness at the bottom so plenty of meat still there :)

C_losjoker
08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I did not think there would be.a problem, wanted confirmation. Thanks guys