PDA

View Full Version : single detent vs dual detent

keiko_819
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM
so i have bodies that have one and bodies that have 2 detents, i honestly don't notice a difference...i always use a sly barrel kit or a freak kit so does that have anything to do with me not having a problem with a single detent? just want to hear what you guys like better and why, or is it mostly for visual appeal...thanks :headbang:

IrishRedneck86
08-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Ive played with both and sometimes you dont see a difference but I do think that lately with the smaller paint the dual detents does have the edge with a good barrel bore plus usually yes the dual detent does look better on most bodies keeping them symmetrical.

bpsimpson22
08-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Doesn't the dual detent provide a backup in case one detent goes out

Justus
08-07-2012, 12:33 AM
I was getting some double-feeds with my warped E-Tac at D-Day, using Valken Redemption that was boring at about .681 at the largest. So, when I came back home, I got Luke to hook me up with a second detent hole.

keiko_819
08-08-2012, 08:26 PM
maybe my loaders arent pushing enough paint to get double feeds i guess, i usually just shoot a few balls at a time anyways, thanks for the input... :headbang:

Frizzle Fry
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
With my old Micromags, I often get a distinct hook with newer smaller paint as a result of the detente style (single delrin finger). The detentes work, but they cause decreased accuracy. With bigger paint it's not an issue.

I use dual detentes in most of my markers - I don't get roll outs or double feeds and I don't need to worry that one of them might crap out on me. I generally use an agitated hopper so the risk of double feeds is decreased, but when I use a HALO (on my Angels) I have encountered the issue, so I have had my IR3s and LEDs drilled for a second detente.