PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve Tech Question

renie
08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Just a quick question for those who know a bit more about classic valves than me.

Now i know the higher the pressure input on a xvalve increases recharge rate therfore increases the fire rate,does the same apply for the classic valve?

BTAutoMag
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
yes, but on the xvalves its to help trigger response. the classic doesnt have that so... why :confused:

all youd do is stress the valve with barely any better performance.

if you want a faster valve just get an xvalve

renie
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
yes, but on the xvalves its to help trigger response. the classic doesnt have that so... why :confused:

all youd do is stress the valve with barely any better performance.

if you want a faster valve just get an xvalve

I was just wondering as i can get about 13bps out of a classic valve on a egomag setup no problem with 800 psi input and i was wondering if i put 1200psi through it would it increse the recharge rate enough to get 16+bps

and i have 2 x-valves ;) just got a classic valve not doing anything

BTAutoMag
08-07-2012, 03:19 PM
ive never pushed my classic to 13+ but the limiting factor IMO is the bolt. lvl 7 is faster

Edit: try and find out :shooting:

renie
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Well only way is to try i suppose :)

athomas
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
The biggest restriction for recharge is the on-off pin. Since the air in a classic valve is regulated when it passes the on-off, an increase in input pressure would not affect the performance at this location. However, the ability of a regulator to achieve a high flow rate is affected by the pressure differential so a higher input pressure will help maintain a higher pressure on the top of the pin during recharge. Therefore, it might help a bit.

hill160881
08-07-2012, 10:05 PM
A classic valve with L7 bolt will shoot 15 bps without droop off if properly tuned using a RT on off in my experience. I have hit 17 with my sleeper mag with only slight droop and it would not function at 18. just stuttered.

renie
08-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Cheers Hill I thougt I read one of your posts mentioning thst before, 15 bps is fine

Spider-TW
08-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's one of my favorite discussions on on/offs in a classic, particularly post #19.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201239&

I've used all of those tips in my EP mag, but recently got rid of the quad o-ring when all of mine got old at the same time. They loose their elasticity and won't stay in place any more. I went back and re-fit everything for teflon/urethane. I don't shoot over 14 bps and usually run around 11 bps on that marker.

That said, the rof of the marker does have to match the valve recharge, whether you use it or not. You're fingers will often put one ball after another at the equivalent of 20 bps or faster, so you either need the valve to recharge faster, have the electronics deal with it, or live with the chuff you get.

My ep is set around 19 bps max, even though I average 11 bps. I would expect some shootdown starting around 16bps (60 msec cycle time). However, I'm willing to trade a little velocity for trigger response if I'm working that hard or just tripping up, so that's where I set it. I don't buffer trigger pulls, so I don't want to throw away too many.