PDA

View Full Version : Is using cocker threaded barrels more accurate?

JACK
02-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Than the mag barrels lets say? Thanx!

Army
02-18-2002, 12:54 PM
No, barrel mounting styles makes no difference with the low pressures involved with Pball.

Hey JACK, where in SLO do you live? PM me so we can get a game going.

synreal
02-18-2002, 01:02 PM
If by "more accurate" you mean "more readily available" then yes, yes they do.

Restola
02-18-2002, 01:07 PM
and if by "more accurate" you mean "do i like cheese", then absolutly :)

IceCool32
02-18-2002, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd rather have a threaded barrel any day of the week than a 1/4 turn barrel. Sure it's easier and faster to strip and clean....but it's still awkward to me.

And IMO: I believe that threaded barrels may be a SLIGHT bit more accurate, don't get me wrong tho... I'm not talking about Raptor vs. Mag here, let's think about markers in the same genre as the Mag(cocker,angel,bushy,impy,shocker).

Miscue
02-18-2002, 01:17 PM
SLIGHT or 'barely' usually means something you can't prove. :) They are both the same.

max-mag
02-18-2002, 03:23 PM
I'm getting trigger bounce with my RT valve(the trigger rod bounces off the trigger without me pulling it) is this happening to anyone else, is it supposed to happen?

Deadpool3
02-18-2002, 04:28 PM
max-mag,

turn the input pressure down, or tighten the field strip screw. That should fix it.

Major Ho
02-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Well if you have lots of money you can test it for yourself. Get an Xtreeme EMag or an SFL , take the "same" barrel from that and compare it to the "same" barrel with mag threadings on a regular Emag. Oh yeah, same type of paint through both.
Is anyone on this board well endowed enough to do that kinda test?
I bet TK could do it(wink wink) but its not worthwhile. If in the odd case that it is, it probably isnt noticable with the inconsistent nature of paintballs.

Bluntman
02-18-2002, 07:21 PM
The reason people say cocker threading is more accurate is because since there's alot of threads on it it doesn't wobble as much inside the gun as other threading. But paintballs aren't accurate enough for it to make a difference

crakonpr
02-22-2002, 02:44 PM
shocktech says using cocker threading is more accurate.... www.buyshocktech.com go to the SFL Emags

crakonpr
02-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Combining the design and machining skills of Danny Love with the technology and experience of Airgun Designs, Shocktech is proud to introduce its latest in the SFL series. The new SFL E-Mag utilizes a one piece aluminum body with vertical feed. The E-Mag uses a threaded barrel (it now accepts you cocker barrels) to reduce barrel vibration and increase accuracy. Also new on our SFL E-Mag is the ultra smooth and light weight Delrin Bolt. This electronic guns trigger can be switched from electronic, hybrid or manual, allowing your gun to work even if the battery dies mid-game. The Shocktech E-Mag includes the other features of a standard version, but has been machined throughout to reduce weight and size.Shown with optional Dye Barrel.

LaW
02-22-2002, 02:59 PM
you sir have just been sold -

if you know about ads is that things will be said even "myths" of accuracy to sell the product.

crakonpr
02-23-2002, 12:14 AM
dang i was trying to prove to my friend mags were as accurate as his cocker

LaW
02-23-2002, 12:16 AM
it is as accurate....

like miscue said
SLIGHT or 'barely' usually means something you can't prove. They are both the same.

so as you can see it miscue's word = law (wait that's me? ) haha no it's just how it is...