PDA

View Full Version : buying a new mag

snipey
02-18-2002, 12:55 PM
im buying a new 68 automag with a hopper-left powerfeed and i was wondering about everyones opinions on upgrades.

i was thinking a venturi bolt, armson stealth and keeping with a single finger trigger

i play for accuracy not shot rate and almost exclusively woodsball

any opinions referring to macro/micro/steel lines is good. i want to run the gas (HPA) right to the valve. i don't especially like foregrips, but if you know a small one thats short, it could come in handy.

money is not a big problem. it would take 4 weeks to get the money for a new mag, s don't go nuts, but if you think it's worth mentioning, i'll look into the stuff

ciaran.mooney
02-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Keep the all internals stock - only use AGD products when it comes to internals. Best bolt upgrade would be to get a superbolt, though get them from AGD then you'll be sure to get the fixed ones.

tarrasque
02-18-2002, 09:49 PM
mags are awesome never do they brake last game it started acting odd it was just because it was cold and i was using co2 ....once i get nitro all problems will be solved

tysonmachado
02-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Some people feel they have less breakage with the venturi bolt but they wear out faster than the stock bolt. I've used both and haven't really noticed a difference. As for the superbolt, I wouldn't bother if I was you. AGD readily admits that they wear out much faster than the stock bolts or even the venturi bolts. The superbolt is basically a sacrifice in durabiliity for the sake of extra high performance. If you aren't looking for the highest rate of fire and you aren't using brittle-shelled tournement paint it just won't be worth the money for you. The stock bolt will provide excellent performance and the long-lived, low maintenece durability that woodsballers love the Automag for.
As far as the airline that is mostly opinion. Many people like the macro/micro lines because they are easily adjusted to length and easy to put on. I don't like them myself because as they get older the fittings always seem to leak. I like to use steel braided line with a quick disconnect so it is easier to strip the gun. If you wan't black airline you can go out and find some grease gun line. It comes in the same threading as standard paintball air fittings and it is rated to 10000 psi (it takes a lot of force to push grease through those lines!)
I haven't heard anything particularly bad about the Armson barrels but the rifling won't help your accuracy because it won't impart enough spin upon the paintball to help. If you wan't a more specific description read Tom Kaye's report on spinning paintballs in his tech tips section. Also the rifling will make it difficult to impossible to shoot clean so keep a squeegie handy. Still, a lot of people seem to like the Armson barrels so they must be well made. A lot of people also seem to like the LAPCO barrels and the J&J ceramic barrels in the same price range.
Well, I hope I was a help. Have fun when you get the new mag!

snipey
02-19-2002, 03:24 PM
wow!!! thanks a lot!!

scratching venturi bolt off the list, and looking into the grease tubing. i have an addition to my questions, though. i was wondering if automags came with the velocity/regulator adjustor on the back standard. if not, where can i get one and how much will it cost?

thanks again!!!

a_malfunction
02-19-2002, 04:06 PM
The regulator nut on the back of the AIR assembly is the velocity adjuster.