PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who wants an AO jersey...

OPBN
08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Got this in the mail today:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/jersey001.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/jersey002.jpg

I got it from Animal Painball, who I have gotten some team jerseys from in the past. It is actually a "stock" pattern, just search for "automag". I had them change the background to match the tigerstripe pattern that most of rest of my gear is and voila!. Only thing I am confused about is the collar which has "working class heroes" on it. I double checked the proof and it was there, but I just didnt catch it. Doesnt really bother me, but if you don't like it, I'm sure it can be changed.

Just to clarify, I am not selling and/or organizing any sort of group purchase, just showing off my new jersey. You can contact Animal at www.animalcustoms.com

BTAutoMag
08-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Been wanting one :D

Dayspring
08-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks alot like the original

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/549186_10150797836073387_1494526073_n.jpg

wimag
08-23-2012, 11:01 AM
diggin the tiger stripe

Justus
08-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Did you have to call to get the background pattern changed? I can't figure out how to do that on their web design program.

OPBN
08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Did you have to call to get the background pattern changed? I can't figure out how to do that on their web design program.
I emailed them and they emailed back telling me just to put something in the notes that I wanted the background changed to whatever pattern I wanted. They will email you an art proof that you have to approve prior to them making the jersey.

Sure. no problem. go ahead and place the order and in the "Notes/Special Instructions" state that you want to switch out the design for the Jungle Tiger stripe. We will then mock up a proof and send one to you before we go to print to ensure you are getting exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks
mondo

OPBN
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
diggin the tiger stripe
Me too. ;) They actually have a number of background patterns that are pretty cool. They even have a less green Tiger Stripe if you prefer.

Another detail that you may not be able to see is that I asked them to mimic the AGD lettering for my last name and then to match the colors for both simliar to the logo. They did, and their are even orange highlights "airbrushed" on the edges of the lettering.

D3adpool
08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Whats with the football / soccer ball?

wimag
08-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Me too. ;) They actually have a number of background patterns that are pretty cool. They even have a less green Tiger Stripe if you prefer.

Another detail that you may not be able to see is that I asked them to mimic the AGD lettering for my last name and then to match the colors for both simliar to the logo. They did, and their are even orange highlights "airbrushed" on the edges of the lettering.

yeah we got our team jerseys from Animal and there will be talk this weekend on our way to Blast Camp for the Viper game about a second jersey....tiger stripe incorporated. Looks pretty slick

Chronobreak
08-23-2012, 12:01 PM
very nice!

OPBN
08-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Whats with the football / soccer ball?
Guess it links to the same symbol at the top left of the screen. It's what used to show up on the Offical Forum Membership Cards.

luke
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM
?$?

mpsd
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Nice jersey!

D3adpool
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
LMAO..... wow..

I never knew that if you drew a circle around that image, it would looked like soccer ball. I was like what are you talking about....lol. Damn.... I so missed that. Interesting what one additional line can do to an image.

Guess it links to the same symbol at the top left of the screen. It's what used to show up on the Offical Forum Membership Cards.

going_home
08-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Animal did the same thing to me when I ordered one from them,
put the AGD logo down to where the pod pack would cover it.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0039.jpg

They won't get the chance to do that to me again.

:nono:

OPBN
08-23-2012, 01:15 PM
?$?
$76 including $11 shipping.

Olsson
08-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Absolutely stunning. But what's with the "working class heroes"? Is it some slogan of Animal or what?

BTAutoMag
08-23-2012, 01:24 PM
agreed, I dont like how low the logo is, but cant you always just ask to move it?

OPBN
08-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Absolutely stunning. But what's with the "working class heroes"? Is it some slogan of Animal or what?
I'm not really sure of its meaning. I googled it and came up with a Lennon song. I assume it was something that was on the original jersey and I missed it. Probably had some meaning to the person who originally ordered it. I'm certain it can be removed if you mention it.

OPBN
08-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Animal did the same thing to me when I ordered one from them,
put the AGD logo down to where the pod pack would cover it.

They won't get the chance to do that to me again.

:nono:
That's how it was on the proof. I could have changed it, but didnt see a problem with it there. If someone wants it higher, just ask them to move it up. I think it's put lower to allow for someone to add a number or something. They sent me a proof, I approved it and just offhand mentioned that I was trying to recreate the font and color of the letters on the AGD logo. They changed it without me asking and resent me a proof to reapprove. I didnt even expect them to change it, but they did gladly. Honestly, I'm quite happy with the jersey. Sorry you didnt have a good experience.

*I just went and checked and my "team" jersey is the same way. We have "BIOHAZARD" across the bottom of the front and back that is totally covered up by my pack. This isnt Animals fault, it's ours for whoever designed the shirt.

keiko_819
08-23-2012, 01:50 PM
looks sweet...been wanting to order one myself...now im sure ill be getting one in the near future... :headbang:

Fred
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
if you're going to copy the original and best, leave off the Shibby swoop. :mad:

OPBN
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM
if you're going to copy the original and best, leave off the Shibby swoop. :mad:
Not a clue what you're talking about. :confused: Nothing was copied, I simply used a template that was already offered and made the changes that I wanted to it. If you don't like the design, do what you want to it.

mpsd
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
We had a run on these jerseys back in 2007. Here's mine:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC01734.jpg

And an older pic of a bearded me LOL:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/DSC01887.jpg

Olsson
08-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Aw screw it, I want one. OPBN, is it OK if I use your idea with the colors in the lettering, mirroring the AGD colors?

mpsd - where did you get the barrel bag? My AGD itch just got worse, and I think the correct ointment would be a barrel bag like that.

OPBN
08-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Aw screw it, I want one. OPBN, is it OK if I use your idea with the colors in the lettering, mirroring the AGD colors?

mpsd - where did you get the barrel bag? My AGD itch just got worse, and I think the correct ointment would be a barrel bag like that.I don't see why anyone would mind. I posted it up so others could see what was out there. I assume they ship out of country. If you have any issues with them doing this, let me know and we can work something out.

Olsson
08-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Sweet, I'll get one. There is already a slowly budding interest for Automags again in Sweden. I'd be glad to promote it even further with that kind of jersey.

mpsd
08-25-2012, 11:16 AM
mpsd - where did you get the barrel bag? My AGD itch just got worse, and I think the correct ointment would be a barrel bag like that.

I had Animal do it for me, along with the jersey. It matches it perfectly.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/Image009.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/Image008.jpg

It's a $5 option when ordering the jersey. I also just had one made with my MCB jersey as well.

I have a collection of AO barrel socks (red, blue etc). Need to take a pic of them.