Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 02:12 PM
It's a little long.......

Who: Me, with my mag in my sig

What: My first tounament, a top gun, with about 30 people

When: Saturday

Where: Springfield, MO, Paint Games Plus

Why: For fun:)

Prize: 2002 mini cocker with C.P. barrel, drop forward, micro line, asa & 12volt revolution

So here's what happened;

It was a round robin with I think 7 people in 4 divisions. 5 people go to the finals, the winner from each division and a wild card.

So we started. Ofcourse I was the first game. Right at the start I started break'in paint like a mad man. I had sized my insert wrong, DOH! Miraculously I won. :eek:

Anyway the day went on and the top person in my division had 15, I had 13 I would have had 12 and tied with like 4 other people if I had not maxed my last game. The top in the other divisions where I think 12, 12, and 18. I ended up getting the wild card into the finals.:D Yaaaaaay.

So for the finals they doubled the size of the field and did another round robin. I won my first two games then lost my third and won my last one. Ending up with 9 points.

Here's the kicker. I tied for first.:D But since the guy I tied had beaten me in the finals, he got the whole thing. And I left empty handed. :( They didn't even have a playoff. I don't know if that's the way it is normally done but I was disappointed.

The funny thing is that the guy I tied was the first guy I talked to before the tournament and the guy I set up next to. I thought that was kind of ironic.

Other than the breaks at the begining because of the sleeve, I only had one other break right at the end of another game. So I was pretty happy with my equipment.

So that's my first tourney.

PaInTbALL zAcH
02-18-2002, 03:34 PM
wow that sux for u. they shouldve had a playoff

AngelBoy
02-18-2002, 05:15 PM
My first top gun was almost exactly 1 year ago, and also my first time with my angel. There were 84 people playing, and I think the prize was a Dark Angel. Before we even started, my Angel screwed up. I had the first game (figures) and I didnt have a gun, so I used one of my friends tippmanns, and the guy that I had first had an F5 cocker. I tihnk u can figure out who won, but it was disqualified because he started at the wrong bunker. So I got to play another game (yay) and they got my angel fixed (YAY). I went on to coming in 18th place (out of 84) and I was only 2 POINTS away from the finals (4 or 5 people in front of my had tied with 1 point over me). I had forgotten that u got extra points for a quicker game, so I didnt run and if I would have ran I wouldve gotten in the finals (oh well). I had fun, and am playing top gun in the same tourney Thursday and whattdya know, my Angel doesnt work (again). Wish me luck:)

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 05:18 PM
Good Luck! ;)

OldSchoolMag
02-18-2002, 06:14 PM
Wow, that's really cool man! Hope you don't get shafted in your next tourny!

OSM

lopxtc
02-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Cypres0099,

Man wish I had gone now. I was supposed to be there, but most of my team was down (no money or sick) so I opted out on it. One of my guys made it and got like 7 points .. not bad for his first time using his Autococker.
Did you see the one that got -18 points?!?!?
Congrats on your performance, and sorry to hear you lost out on the top prize. Better luck next time...

Since you went to this, are you in MO? We are out of Saint Louis, and if you are around that area would you want to join up for a game some time?

Aaron

http://www.geocities.com/lopxtc Team Mostly Harmless web-site.

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 06:27 PM
What division was your guy in? I might have played him. Did he have a distiguishable jersey? I was the guy with the warp mag and voodoo green skeleton jersey.

The guy that got 18 points was the guy I tied with and the guy I was talking to the whole turnament. Little did we know we would be neck and neck. He only ended up losing one game and that was to a micro mag that I beat in my last game in the final.

Guy with the micro mag.... Are you here?

I got lucky, he almost nailed me and if he had beaten me, he would have one. Sorry ;)

Yes, I'm in Missouri. Down by the Lake of the Ozarks. Sure maybe we could play sometime.

lopxtc
02-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Well if he was wearing the team jersey .. it would have been a smart parts burst in blue with the nickname Disco on the back. The text was in red and written in a Asian font.
Otherwise it would have been a blue motorcross jersey ...

Aaron

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 06:37 PM
I don't remember, there were quite a few cockers and needless to say jerseys there. What was the guys name? Tyler?

lopxtc
02-18-2002, 06:43 PM
Nah its Marc .. if you have time to check out the teams weeb-site (its still under work so dont laugh at it too hard) ... you can find his name and pic there...

Aaron

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 06:52 PM
I just checked it out, but I don't remember seeing him there. I surely did though.

lopxtc
02-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Eh either way glad you had a good time. Are you planning on any other tourneys this year??? Granted we are in St. Louis, a good drive from you, but we always look for another person to play with and such ...

Aaron

Cypres0099
02-18-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure about more tournies, our team isn't very good yet since we've only been able to play against each other and not with. We can't find anyone to play.

lopxtc
02-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey you can catch my email on the site .. like I said its a far drive, but if we can find a field about half between us Im sure my guys would be more then happy to play some time.
We are rookie .. though myself and my co-captain have been playing rec-ball since 1991 ...

LMK and we can see what can be worked out ...

Aaron