PDA

View Full Version : Accounts Creation

Mobius V
09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
My friend is trying to create an account here on AO and it keeps telling him that his email has been banned by the admins? Do they not allow people to create accounts or is this an issue with the forums now? Let me know if anyone knows any details or if and mods can help with this issue, thanks.

sQuidvision
09-02-2012, 09:52 PM
its been this way for quite some time... PM an admin and they can get your friend sorted out :)

Darring D
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Contact Beemer! He can fix him up! :headbang:

See below:

"If you have an issue Email me, "Beemerone at comcast.net"

Use the Email you used to regester and state the screen name you used. Put "AO login" on subject line.

Anyone else with an issue logging on follow above.

Due to a spam issue we had to change our tactics and this is causing a Big delay. We apologise for the inconvenience and delay. Please stand by."

Beemer
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Most likely he is using Gmail and it is banned because of SPAM issues.

Even BEO banned gmail. ;) Mail me or tell him to use a different mail

BigEvil
09-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Most likely he is using Gmail and it is banned because of SPAM issues.

Even BEO banned gmail. ;) Mail me or tell him to use a different mail

Actually, I unbanned it.. but am going to re-ban it because its such a pain in the damn arse. 90% of the spambots use gmail accounts.

I can only imagine what google does with your personal information. Never use Gmail for anything.

going_home
09-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Actually, I unbanned it.. but am going to re-ban it because its such a pain in the damn arse. 90% of the spambots use gmail accounts.

I can only imagine what google does with your personal information. Never use Gmail for anything.

I'm not on that end of it, but I've used gmail exclusively since 2007 for my business
email with no issues.
I can count on one hand the spam I've received.

Now hotmail on the other hand I get 50 spams a day at least.

:ninja: