PDA

View Full Version : Emag Enhancer Trigger

kwik175
09-04-2012, 07:50 PM
So I finally got a little time to work on the Enhancer trigger that was so generously donated to me. Thanks go out to Maghog and Bunny5. As you will see in the first of a number of videos to be posted it seems as though I will get good results with some tuning. I have the magnets off the trigger right now because I had to switch them around. Wrong polarity in the wrong places. I was charging my battery when I tested so I could not get any hybrid mode tests. The only tests I did were in mech mode and without paint. These tests were done just to try to get a feel for what springs were needed to make it fire and sustain firing without moving the trigger. I am able to hold the trigger in one spot and the spring and back of trigger will work together to sustain the RT effect. Heres the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz93OQjX5HQ&feature=autoplay&list=ULVz93OQjX5HQ&playnext=1

Bunny
09-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Looks great Kwik!! Sorry about the magnets!! :tard:

the123
09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Sweet!! Maghog makes some awesome magic.

kwik175
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
No big deal about the magnets. Dont really need them for mech mode. Tomorrow I plan on putting paint thru it and getting some BPS tests. I am also going to switch between the Emag valve and an X valve for some personal comparisons on reliability, rates of fire, drop off, etc. My scuba is half full and I'm running my input at just under 1000PSI so I should get alot of testing done.

kwik175
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
OK time for video 2. I started with 800 PSI input and ws getting about 18 BPS average. It peaked at 20 but I did experience some shootdown. Once again my tank has about 2000 PSI so I am limited on the amount of shooting. I have video of this set up here:
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=TTD5DQy7EYg

kwik175
09-05-2012, 06:45 PM
After that video I upped the input pressure to 1000 PSI and that seemed to alleviate the shootdown. I had to lower my velocity adjustment to account for the increased input pressure or the gun shot around 315. At that input pressure I was getting 22 BPS. During the next test I increased the input pressure to 1200 PSI. The velocity was set to 285 or so and I was getting 25 BPS. At this point I got my fiance to film the next video. She did real well at filming the ground and her asking questions, but when it came to filming the chrono she had the camera off. I will film it again tomorrow. At this rate of fire I was not sure if the hopper was limiting the BPS or the gun. Does anyone know what the true feed rate for a Rotor is?

knownothingmags
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
free fall they have claimed 42-50,
if you hit 40bps, with the X-valve please let me know.

kwik175
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Right now I am using an Emag valve that i had tuned for this gun. My other X valves are in pnuemags right now but I intend to rerun the tests with an X valve. All tests right now are being performed in mech mode as I have not yet fixed my magnets. I am going to say that this trigger wasnt designed for breaking any records on the max rate of fire. Its intention is sustain high rates of fire with very little input from the user. This gun right now only takes a slight motion of the trigger and hold it in its sweet spot and it will drain your hopper. It is completely effortless to achieve RT effect even at 800 PSI input. I'm hoping that in hybrid mode it will give a BPS above 30.

Tropical Life
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Looks great cool right up, I think it could do the 27bps-28bps max of a xvalve(from my money spent and testing on xvalve speed shooting) but like all xvalves you will have to increase the input around 1400-1700 which the tank will empty out super fast. But will it do it yeah.

When I tried to hit top speed on my emags/xvalved the most I ever got was 24 bps (the gun basicaly sounds like a zip when it shoots at those speeds) out of a 1200 ninja reg 72ci tank, gave me about 3 and half pods.

kwik175
09-06-2012, 07:00 PM
The last test with the emag valve and 1200 input got me to 25 bps peak. It went to a steady 23-24. And yes it will empty the hopper in a few seconds. Suprisingly though I am not getting any breaks in the barrel which I have seen happen at this rate when one ball runs into another. I switched to the Xvalve tonight and got it dry firing but as luck would have my scuba is essentially empty. I get a 1300 PSI fill but with 1200 input I only get a few shots. Off to the shop tomorrow for a refill and hopefully more testing. Still tracking down trigger magnets so hybrid mode will have to wait.

shades
09-07-2012, 03:36 AM
free fall they have claimed 42-50,
if you hit 40bps, with the X-valve please let me know.
Sure you can go that fast but you will never get the balls to feed that quickly. That is .02 per chambered ball, no frickin way. Plus at that rate you would empty a hopper in six seconds. WHY? S Sure it would be cool. We already know AGD IS the BEST. :headbang:

kwik175
09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
So today I made it to my local shop to get all my tanks filled plus get the scuba topped off. I took the Emag with me to show the owner. I had not put paint through it yet with the X valve so I had no way of knowing how it would react at that rate of fire. He took a Virtual Clock out of the case which is pretty sweet I must say. At 1200 PSI input we saw a constant 24 BPS with the X valve. You could slightly hear some chuffing when a ball wasnt fully loaded yet. The level X performed flawlessly. My friend was amazed. He's more of a Cocker fan. So 24 BPS out of a mechanical gun consistently with no ball breaks and no eyes or electronics. He was impressed. We also did not adjust the velocity down and were shooting at 315 FPS. He was going to make adjustments to Rotor to get it to feed faster. I honestly believe that the gun is outshooting the loader. More videos tomorrow.

kwik175
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Newest video. 24 BPS at 1200 psi input near 300 fps. Seems to outshoot my Rotor. Anyone know how to make a Rotor feed faster? My friend at the local shop is working on his but I need something at my house to use when I randomly make it home from work. Switching out my Emag valve for the X valve definitely fixed to shootdown issue. Its definitely consistent across the chrono at high rates of fire. I have plans to increase the input pressure substantially as soon as I figure out the feeding issue. I need a faster hopper before I try to cycle the gun faster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emmzr8uGvBE&feature=channel&list=UL

Maghog
09-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Very nice! It takes time to tune, but when you're there it hums.
Thanks for the videos.
Dan@Triggernomics

shooter311
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
You are probably not going to get your rotor to consistently feed in the speed range you are looking for. I tried everything, and I could only get it to feed at 26bps for a couple seconds at a time. The fastest I could get was 29bps for about a second. I slapped a Qloader on it and I was shooting over 35bps.

While you use the Rotor just be sure to thank the LVL 10 gods...

kwik175
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Ive changed the springs once again and am at the point of buying a Q loader now I guess. I have tried other hoppers but end with the same result. As mentioned only sporadic bursts above 25 bps and nothing sustainable. Even at the current rate of fire the trigger has achieved its purpose. It is the easiest way to achieve RT effect and sustain it. Just pull the trigger and it does the rest of the work. Then reload. I think its amazing how easy it is. Mission accomplished. Thanks Maghog and Bunny5.

Ando
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
I have tried other hoppers but end with the same result.
I feel ya. I finally tested out one of my 2k output ninja regs and nothing is keeping up with it but the Q.

shooter311
09-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Honestly, I only bought the Qloader to see how fast my mag could shoot. I always saw the guys at the field trying to load the Qloader and losing a ton of paint and breaking paint, the loader seemed like a nightmare. However, once I started to use it, I love the Qloader. The only reason I have not used it recently is I have been using my Emag and there isn't a good place to mount it. If I am using my regular mag, I only use the Qloader. I would say it is worth the purchase