PDA

View Full Version : had one of those "moments"

BTAutoMag
09-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I booked the local field for a private party for me and some people from work. 16 people showed up including me. besides me, there were 2 other decent players and a few who have played before and some new people.

halfway through the day one of my coworkers needed to leave but another persons brother showed up so everything was still 8 on 8. I had never met the guy before but he grabbed a rental and 500 balls and headed out to replace the missing member on the other team.

so i consider myself fast and agressive on the field and I'm usually in front with the rest of my team lagging and am often or not the first one out but i rarely go without taing someone with me.

I'm way out in front on the fence line and I see the guy who just started and I pop out and take a couple shots at him and then he just starts unloading on me. when someones peppering your bunker to keep your head down and when someone is HAMMERING your bunker to truly intimidate and get you elimintaed is noticably different and I know he is definatly on the war path. so I start yelling for my team and I turn around to look for help...

and I see a mask and gun sticking out of the bunker behind my and I yell at him to help cover... Its about that time I see 7 players with yellow armband all moving slowly off the field behind him and have just enough time to touch cotton before he gogged me...

game lasted about 45 seconds :eek:

suaze
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Ummm ... beginner's luck ... :)

GoatBoy
09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I booked the local field for a private party for me and some people from work. 16 people showed up including me. besides me, there were 2 other decent players and a few who have played before and some new people.

halfway through the day one of my coworkers needed to leave but another persons brother showed up so everything was still 8 on 8. I had never met the guy before but he grabbed a rental and 500 balls and headed out to replace the missing member on the other team.

so i consider myself fast and agressive on the field and I'm usually in front with the rest of my team lagging and am often or not the first one out but i rarely go without taing someone with me.

I'm way out in front on the fence line and I see the guy who just started and I pop out and take a couple shots at him and then he just starts unloading on me. when someones peppering your bunker to keep your head down and when someone is HAMMERING your bunker to truly intimidate and get you elimintaed is noticably different and I know he is definatly on the war path. so I start yelling for my team and I turn around to look for help...

and I see a mask and gun sticking out of the bunker behind my and I yell at him to help cover... Its about that time I see 7 players with yellow armband all moving slowly off the field behind him and have just enough time to touch cotton before he gogged me...

Question: how does someone "hammer" with a rental? (Besides actually using it as a literal hammer.) Your field rent Mini's or something? I've seen some fields do that.

BTAutoMag
09-08-2012, 08:13 PM
he did more with tippmann then I could of.

wixxxman
09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=GoatBoy]Question: how does someone "hammer" with a rental? (Besides actually using it as a literal hammer.) Your field rent Mini's or something? I've seen some fields do that.[/

I belieave you can hammer with any marker.You continue to fire at the bunker not giving the other player a chance to take a shot.Most likely there was one or more people firing ,when the bunker that you where using is getting hammered , it sometimes is diffficult to see where all the shots are comming from.But any one can hammer a bunker with a phantom (auto trigger ).

Great story by the way btautomag.

I was really hopeing it had a different ending like" You dove into the bunker to block all the shots that are comming your way(like a bad hail storm"You pop out on the right snap shot a player,but you look and it's not the guy,then you slide out to the left (pop) you shot another but still not the guy.Then you here "Ahhhhhhhhhhh" and the shots get closer.you decide to aim and go over the top(never recommended ) as your sight passes over the top you fire " pop,,,,,,,,,,,pop,,,,,,,,,pop" you nailed him three shots one in the chess and two in the mask "GAME OVER" as you raise your hands in the air...

TwilightG
09-09-2012, 07:02 AM
This pretty much sums up my paintball career http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

BTAutoMag
09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I was really hopeing it had a different ending like" You dove into the bunker to block all the shots that are comming your way(like a bad hail storm"You pop out on the right snap shot a player,but you look and it's not the guy,then you slide out to the left (pop) you shot another but still not the guy.Then you here "Ahhhhhhhhhhh" and the shots get closer.you decide to aim and go over the top(never recommended ) as your sight passes over the top you fire " pop,,,,,,,,,,,pop,,,,,,,,,pop" you nailed him three shots one in the chess and two in the mask "GAME OVER" as you raise your hands in the air...

... if this was a hollywood movie based around my comeback as a paintball player from a long break thats exactly what would of happened.

I found out later that I'm apperently the one EVERYONE is afraid of and the other teams stratagy was to find out where I was then devote most of the team to getting me out so they could pick off the rest of them. there wasnt a game where there wasnt at least 4 people gunning for me. the last 3 games I had a barrel cam attached to my gun and took HORRIBLE videos of me literelly licking the bunkers I was at cause they were trying for me from so many angles :p

that game was included in the footage and the video was horrible. a bunch grass moving as I was running, a little bit of me assessing the situation and alot of me hugging a bunker. I think I got of a dozen shots or so.

wixxxman
09-09-2012, 10:31 PM
... if this was a hollywood movie based around my comeback as a paintball player from a long break thats exactly what would of happened.

I found out later that I'm apperently the one EVERYONE is afraid of and the other teams stratagy was to find out where I was then devote most of the team to getting me out so they could pick off the rest of them. there wasnt a game where there wasnt at least 4 people gunning for me. the last 3 games I had a barrel cam attached to my gun and took HORRIBLE videos of me literelly licking the bunkers I was at cause they were trying for me from so many angles :p

that game was included in the footage and the video was horrible. a bunch grass moving as I was running, a little bit of me assessing the situation and alot of me hugging a bunker. I think I got of a dozen shots or so.
That's awsome you made my night.this is a perfect example why a.o should never die.once again great story

E30bimmerman
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Lately I've been running with another az maggot need4reebs. Its funny to see the reactions when people see 2 mags on the other team. Lol ive seen guys sit out cuz we're on the field. :rofl:

suaze
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Lately I've been running with another az maggot need4reebs. Its funny to see the reactions when people see 2 mags on the other team. Lol ive seen guys sit out cuz we're on the field. :rofl:

You two should run his Nasty Mags.

You & Need4reebs__________________________The other team
:shooting: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::: :eek: :wow: :(
:shooting: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::: :cuss: :confused:

BTAutoMag
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I also had a different moment that day when I ran right up someone and yelled SURRENDER at the top of my lungs...

they heard me yell but didnt hear what I said as SHE turned around and in a panic unloaded in my general direction from 5 feet away. I dove for the nearest cover which was.... grass...

I take 3 quick shots during my "graceful dive for cover" which was me faceplanting myself to dirt and all 3 hit her and she called herself. during the 20 or so shots she got off non of them hit me, the ref comming up behind me wasnt so lucky

E30bimmerman
09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, He's been tryin to get me to buy the circus nasty off him so we can do that, but can afford it right now, in the process of getting my egomag running correctly. But that another story for another time. But with him running his gforce mag and me on my recentlly finished ule custom with xvalve rting like a beast... you play alot of "wack-a-mole"/peakaboo with the other team lol. Mags up hoes down lol :headbang:

BTAutoMag
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
here are some pics from that day. I'm the obvious one :cool:

fist off, this is the guy who I was talking about during THAT GAME! youll see behind him that start of the line of shame...
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/556535_10151420447734392_1344134798_n.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/284550_10151420447939392_1750708604_n.jpg

and here's the rest of me:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/216900_10151420439739392_1139319531_n.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/217970_10151420439139392_1080374705_n.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/297807_10151420448559392_1677682650_n.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/Paintball/304634_10151420455424392_2011927252_n.jpg

E30bimmerman
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Nices pics man, i wish i had someone who would take pics and video of me and my friends doing some ballin.

BTAutoMag
09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
the refs by us do

Scootyd
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Through severals games of research I have come to a conclusion. While warps are awesome, they seem to put a target on your head.

BTAutoMag
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
YEA!

although, never got hit on the warp or the hopper :rolleyes:

Scootyd
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Ever have the 3 on 1, 2 on 1, 1 on 1, crap where did that guy come from?