PDA

View Full Version : Warp feed review

hitech
02-18-2002, 04:05 PM
Installation

I received my warp feed late Saturday night. Since we were playing on Sunday, I needed to set it up that night. So, at 11:00 Saturday night, I started. I first broke in the brushes in the warp motor by turning up the sensitivity and just letting it run for ten minutes or so. While it was running I went to bolt the "adapter" plate to my marker (Automag Classic, power feed , hopper right). Unfortunately I did not have any bolts long enough to bolt up both the warp and my drop forward (or ASA). Since all the hardware stores were closed by now, I just bolted up the warp (I added the drop forward at the field after a quick stop at the hardware store in the morning). I decided to leave the dwell jumpers in the factory position (longest on time). I set the sensitivity at what the instructions calls the highest sensitivity setting. The rest went according to the instructions. I was done by midnight. The warp spun every time I dry fired and only occasionally spun when I shook it hard enough to get the 9v battery rattling around pretty hard.

At the field.

Balance. The first thing I noticed is that the marker seems BETTER balanced with the warp than without. I rested the warp on the inside of my left elbow/forearm with my left hard gripping the front of the marker. I had also just switched from a gas through stock without a drop to a flatline with the flatline drop. I was surprised at how well this felt as I have never liked drop forwards, including the one included with the flatline.

Playing. Even though I have read many accounts of playing with a warp, I was surprised at the difference it makes. When I was tucked in behind good cover the other player didn't stand a chance! I really started noticing how much other players had exposed. It almost feelings like cheating. ;)

Paint Handling. I was using Marbs and PMI Premium (advantage shell) that a friend of my couldn't shoot through his minimag without breaking. I had no problem at all with the warp. I chopped one ball in the staging area when I decided to "adjust" the power feed plug because the ball stack didn't look right. I cleaned everything up, put the plug back in all the way and never chopped a ball again. I found out that I do indeed out shoot my old 9v Viewloader. With the warp you don't chop when this happens, you just shoot air a few times. It's also nice when you forget to turn on you loader. NO MORE CHOPPING! :D

Other people.

Everyone else who also held it with the warp on their left arm thought it was vary well balanced. The field owner was especially impressed. I'm afraid I may loose my advantage. ;) No one thought it was awkward.

Problems.

Not everything is perfect, right? My only two complaints are that the warp did not come with bolts to mount the adapter plate to the marker. Bolts that are long enough to mount a flatline drop and the warp adapter plate would have been nice. Since the flatline drop is a fairly common thickness those would work with other drops as well. The second complaint is the long power feed plug. The end that directs the balls into the chamber is much thinner that a standard power feed plug. You cannot just turn the power feed plug to block the balls. If you do it will break a ball. I did find that I could pull it part way out, turn it and push it back in. Not as convenient as just turning it. All in all, I was very impressed.

hitech
02-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Was this too long? Am I on a "black list"? ;)

AGD
02-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Nice job Hitech!! Everyone is just absorbing what you said...

AGD

hitech
02-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks. If you have a minute could you tell me why the long pf plug end is shaped different from the normal one?

hitech
02-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Those of you with warps, how do you hold "them". I've never heard anyone mention "resting" the warp on their left arm. How do your hold yours?

TheTramp
02-19-2002, 12:13 AM
That's exactly how I hold mine. Makes for a very stable shooting position.

masterninja
02-19-2002, 04:27 AM
I Also Rest my Warp on My left arm. Flat side of the warp against my forearm.

hitech
02-19-2002, 11:57 AM
It's probably more common than I think. Thanks guys.