PDA

View Full Version : trigger rod length

anthraxxx
02-18-2002, 04:55 PM
I bought my classic mag used so I don't know if the trigger was messed with. It also have a double trigger on it which required the safety to be removed because a part of the trigger back extended into the frame where the safety would be. Anyway the long and the short is I don't know if the trigger rod is the right length. Now is there someone who can tell me what the proper length of the trigger rod should be and a simple way I can check it. I don't have a micrometer and "about the width of a match book" means nothing to me (I live in a city that has all but banned smoking). How about in relation to a powertube o ring or a wire detent?

Thanks.

Autotrigger
02-18-2002, 06:06 PM
With the gun gassed up there is supposed to be 1/16th clearance between the end of the trigger rod and the back of the trigger! Use a wire type feeler guage to check this. this amounts to about .062-.063 of an inch.

PyRo
02-19-2002, 07:48 AM
1.985in if you can find some dial caplipers. If not make sureit isn't hitting the back of the trigger, and if you pull it back slowley it should still go back a bit further after it fires. If you have both of those, you should be alright.

anthraxxx
02-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Cool Pyro, I do have some space between the trigger back and rod before firing, I have never checked for play after firing but I will next time out. I think Everything is OK based on what you described.

Thanks all.