PDA

View Full Version : Cut some emag panels today.

luke
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Get them here. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2810917#post2810917)
Small window for discount orders.

Couldn't get a good picture because of the reflection in the fresh cut aluminum, but here you go.
(Looks flat but surface is convex)

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/EmagPanelsWAGDAOlogofinal.jpg

knownothingmags
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
ill take 2 sets.

but you already know that.

suaze
10-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I want. Price?

BigEvil
10-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Luke having a CnC mill is dangerous to my wallet.

redlaser666
10-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Very nice!!!
Any chance of getting this done for 45 style inteliframes?

Imasho
10-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I'll be good for 2 sets & if you do decide to d :cheers: o it to 45 panels I'd take 1 or 2 of em too

goin5150
10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I am interested in a set

Beemer
10-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Cut some emag panels today.

Cut SOME more. :bounce: I will take a set. Might as well post in Dealer Forum so I can send payPal. :headbang:

Whats a wallet? If you want yours polished, I know a good polisher who will polish them for us. I got a handle on it. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

knownothingmags
10-06-2012, 07:57 PM
If you want yours polished, I know a good polisher who will polish them for us. I got a handle on it. ;)

how does your guy polishing things like this with engravings do, how do they keep the edge of the engraving and dont turn everything rounded off?

dont know if that makes sense.

yeah we for sure need these made.

*** LUKE: can you do a dicounted pricing for 8 sets?

ill throw this order in with everthing else i need.

:cheers:,
KNM

Beemer
10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
how does your guy polishing things like this with engravings do, how do they keep the edge of the engraving and dont turn everything rounded off?

dont know if that makes sense.

Did you see my user title? I could tell you...... :argh:

Just kidding. Sometimes you cant always use the wheel and if you want the detail you have to do it the old fashion way by hand. ;)

knownothingmags
10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Did you see my user title? I could tell you...... :argh:

Just kidding. Sometimes you cant always use the wheel and if you want the detail you have to do it the old fashion way by hand. ;)
thats what i figured.

i just didnt know maybe he had a new/oldschool way that was just easy.

but nothing is easy right lol.
unless you are like me and throw money at it.:D

thanks,
KNM.

GEE TEE
10-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi Luke,

I'm interesed in a set for my Xmag - price shipped to UK?

TOTShadowCompany
10-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Well done sir...will you be making these for your custom trigger frames?

luke
10-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Very nice!!!

I have not made 45 panels in years because the market has been bad for them, but if we could put even a small order together for them we could certainly do it.

luke
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
*** LUKE: can you do a dicounted pricing for 8 sets?

Yes of course. ;)

luke
10-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Well done sir...will you be making these for your custom trigger frames?

I know, I know! :D
The past month working on the save ao fund threw me way off course. :rolleyes:

But to answer your question yes we can do the logo on pretty much anything. :cool:

luke
10-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Luke,

I'm interesed in a set for my Xmag - price shipped to UK?

Shipping to the UK is no problem, I will post up prices in the dealer thread.

luke
10-07-2012, 10:05 AM

But... Lukes baby needs a new pair of shoes. :D

luke
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Whats a wallet? If you want yours polished, I know a good polisher who will polish them for us. I got a handle on it. ;)

We can drop ship a package to you if anyone wants that service, no problem.

Cut SOME more. :bounce: I will take a set. Might as well post in Dealer Forum so I can send payPal. :headbang:

There will not be any "pre order" stipulation on these, but more of a "pre order discount".
The panels will be machined first, and then the engraving will be done in a second operation, that's where the pre order/ group discount will come in, I really only want to do the engraving on panels that are actually purchased and will offer the discount on this part, if that makes sense.

We can also do these in this run if anyone is interested:

http://www.lukescustoms.com/Page16_Emag/Emag%20grips%20AO%20milling.JPG

http://www.lukescustoms.com/Page16_Emag/Emag%20grips%20Beehive.JPG

Let me figure some kind of group discount on these and I'll post up.

maverick13
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I could be interested by one set of these panels, depending on price and shipping to France !

RST
10-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Luke, I hate you! :cheers:

I need to get some....

luke
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Get them here. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2810917#post2810917)
Small window for discount orders.

luke
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Very nice!!!

I'll be good for 2 sets & if you do decide to d :cheers: o it to 45 panels I'd take 1 or 2 of em too

I designed the 45 panels today, they are modeled after the Emag panels, pretty much exact just a little shorter and narrower at the bottom. Still have to do the cam, design and machine fixtures but they are a go.

knownothingmags
10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I designed the 45 panels today, they are modeled after the Emag panels, pretty much exact just a little shorter and narrower at the bottom. Still have to do the cam, design and machine fixtures but they are a go.
are these ule in the back?
if you could ULE them like you do the z-grip panels you make would be awsome.:D

luke
10-09-2012, 09:54 AM
are these ule in the back?
if you could ULE them like you do the z-grip panels you make would be awsome.:D

All panels now com ULE milled, but not necessarily "ultra uled" like the Z grip panels. The Z grip panels use a different type of tool path to machine the cavity. The standard tool path is 2.5D (For the Emag style pocket milling) Z grip ule is 3D. Without explaining what this means in the actual machining operation, the difference in time to cut the two different style pockets translates to exactly 500% more time to do the 3D tool path. ;) (Time=Money)

knownothingmags
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
All panels now com ULE milled, but not necessarily "ultra uled" like the Z grip panels. The Z grip panels use a different type of tool path to machine the cavity. The standard tool path is 2.5D (For the Emag style pocket milling) Z grip ule is 3D. Without explaining what this means in the actual machining operation, the difference in time to cut the two different style pockets translates to exactly 500% more time to do the 3D tool path. ;) (Time=Money)
so if someone was willing to pay the cash to get that ultra light milling done would you?

luke
10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
These should finish up and ship over the next few days. :cheers:

knownothingmags
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
F yeah thats what im talking about.

i can get my markers done. :cheers::cheers:

luke
10-24-2012, 08:07 PM
It looks like these should finish up tomorrow 10-25-12 and should ship by the 26th. (If all goes well)

Freedy500
10-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I would take some!.... If I had an Emag :(

knownothingmags
10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
buy my emag that is for sale, and you can,
ill even work with ya on price. pm if you are interested.

luke
10-24-2012, 10:34 PM

I made some for 45 frames too. :) ;)

knownothingmags
10-24-2012, 10:37 PM
hmmm.

ill have to think about getting a set of those.
hmm. not sure yet though.

Freedy500
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I can't. My only mag' is the one I sent you a pic of. I had no way to make it the way it is without permanently eppoxing the grip and stock together along with some ceramics. And to keep I the way it was dimension wise I had to go with the single trigger pistol grip .I still love it to death the way it is and I don't think I will ever get rid of it. Maybe I will buy an Emag someday soon. But for now I'm broke.

One of these days ;)..

luke
10-26-2012, 04:12 PM
All sets have shipped except for knownothingmags and Saleenlmz.
KNM, I will get to the rest of your order when the rest of the panels are done, should be this evening, I hope. I need a day off then I will get to your stuff.
Saleenlmz, yours is ready to ship, but I made a modification to the Emag triggers and Tunaman is going to test it. As soon as I get an OK from him your package will ship.

Thanks to everyone that ordered panels. :cheers:

knownothingmags
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
KNM, I will get to the rest of your order when the rest of the panels are done, should be this evening, I hope. I need a day off then I will get to your stuff.
Saleenlmz, yours is ready to ship, but I made a modification to the Emag triggers and Tunaman is going to test it. As soon as I get an OK from him your package will ship.

awsome take all the time you need.

waiting on my anodizers to prove their worth. :D

so i have time.

Saleenlmz
10-27-2012, 03:31 PM

Same here, no rush. It's only -6 C here.

GEE TEE
11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Got my logo panels in the mail today Luke

Top job :hail:

Thanks

Gary