PDA

View Full Version : AO Update Time Line?!

Redic
10-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Since we put out our own money for the update

I feel a time line or even a plan of action should be posted

Almost a month has passed and we have yet to hear anything

AGD
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
We are still trying to get the master password into the system. Believe it or not. I have been out of town which doesn't help. I wouldn't expect this to happen quickly but I will post updates.

Tom

BTAutoMag
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/chromebeast/73053823.png

going_home
10-10-2012, 11:13 AM
That picture is hilarious !

But back on subject, I'm not looking forward to not being able
to log on to AO for a few days while they sort it all out either.

:(

BTAutoMag
10-10-2012, 11:14 AM
ill be honest ill proably sit in a corner pulling my hair out the whole time :tard:

wetwrks
10-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't expect this to happen quickly but I will post updates.

Tom

Oh...I was under the understanding that the site was prepped to crash any minute here. Like 10 minutes away from everything being gone. :rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
10-10-2012, 12:25 PM
there really is no set time for a server crash... otherwise we wouldnt worry about it. wouldnt you love a countdown to death on your computer so you know when to safeguard your personal stuff :rolleyes:

wetwrks
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Your lucky its here at all. We are one server crash away from oblivion.
Tk

Just seems odd to me that this was so pressing then...nothing.

No timeframe for the fix. No here is what you will get for the donations...no word at all. Nothing.

BTAutoMag
10-10-2012, 01:17 PM
let me reiterate that tom did not think this was a pressing matter. we did, and we raised the money to replace the server.

tom did not come on and say "the server will crash next month and we need to do something ASAP"

all we did was help tom bring the lumber to the top of the mountain. now he's gotta build the house cause we're on break

skipdogg
10-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Perhaps people that did not donate could not worry about it...

TOTShadowCompany
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Perhaps people that did not donate could not worry about it...

*Cuts like a knife* J/K

Redic
10-10-2012, 02:06 PM
The thing That gave most people the idea that we needed to hurry was the short time line given to raise the funds

If it wasnt so pressing then Why not Give us longer ?

luke
10-10-2012, 02:27 PM
The thing That gave most people the idea that we needed to hurry was the short time line given to raise the funds

If it wasnt so pressing then Why not Give us longer ?

Why did we need more time?

sQuidvision
10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't think it would be a big deal to anyone here if the change doesn't happen for a few months... this big thing is that we would like a timeline to help us set our expectations (which doesn't seem unreasonable).

Obviously there is a TON of work that will go into moving everything over, and there would likely be some time needed to research options and whatnot... i wouldn't expect all that to be set in stone just yet. Maybe just a "i need 1 month to research everything, 2 weeks to get the prep work done, and i am shooting for the first week in December for the changeover" or something to that effect. Then if it looks like more time will be needed give us (AO) a post stating "i need more time because ______"

That would certainly keep me happy!

Redic
10-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Why did we need more time?

My point is that it was a short time line and may have lead people to belive AO could crash any day

sQuidvision
10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
My point is that it was a short time line and may have lead people to belive AO could crash any day
I dont know about you, but i would have donated anyhow just to ensure AO stays around in the future. Unless someone is so peeved that we dont have a timeline that they want their money back i think the best thing we can do is just request to get a timeline in place.

luke
10-10-2012, 03:09 PM

I didn't take it that way.

Looks to me like the decision to run it for 30 days was spot on, had it been set up for 90 days I would not have done anything different on my side. ;)

AGD
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
So 30 days to get funded was short?

Once I get into the server and my guys can see what is involved I will post a plan of action.

TK

Lohman446
10-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I offered some support - not nearly as much as some others. I did so because TK said this is how he wanted to fix AO and because he said that is what it would take. I did so knowing that other people that have far more subject matter expertise than I do felt there were more efficent ways to do this.

I did not feel that my support entitles me to anything more than an opinion that I am allowed to voice in a reasonable manner at the discretion of TK and the moderators.

I did not see a time frame listed as to when things would be done and my support was not contingent on it.

I did not see listing of changes I could expect and my support was not contingent on it.

I think if you gave support with contingencies you must have had more information then I did because I did not see any such contingencies.

Redic
10-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Once I get into the server and my guys can see what is involved I will post a plan of action.

TK

If it was not for Luke and his big donations
I do not think it would have happened

But that is just my opinion

BTAutoMag
10-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I offered some support - not nearly as much as some others. I did so because TK said this is how he wanted to fix AO and because he said that is what it would take. I did so knowing that other people that have far more subject matter expertise than I do felt there were more efficent ways to do this.

I did not feel that my support entitles me to anything more than an opinion that I am allowed to voice in a reasonable manner at the discretion of TK and the moderators.

I did not see a time frame listed as to when things would be done and my support was not contingent on it.

I did not see listing of changes I could expect and my support was not contingent on it.

I think if you gave support with contingencies you must have had more information then I did because I did not see any such contingencies.

truth

usefull posts: 7

Dayspring
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM

TK

Doesn't much matter about the timeline - as we're completely funded by this point (though I did raise some concern about the short timeline myself.)

Ando
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/burningbra.jpg

steve_81
10-11-2012, 04:28 AM
Man you people sure are demanding. The site wasn't going to instantly change once the fundraising was over. If you read anything on indiegogo.com it says it could take up to 2 weeks for the funds to be delivered.(why would you donate your own money to something without reading up on it?) So calm down people change will happen.

Also, the site wasn't going to suddenly crash. You guys wanted change on the site so TK opened a window to make it happen. All of this can be found right here on the forums. Do people read anymore?

Redic
10-11-2012, 07:19 AM
A time line is not much too much ask for

So what if it takes Two weeks to ge.t the money. Since there was a set amount I would assume that the amount of hours to finish the job was included. Which means there should at least be a loose time frame

BTAutoMag
10-11-2012, 07:54 AM
http://csnbbs.com/html/funnies/general/derailment.jpg

Ando
10-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Is one year a good time frame? :rolleyes:

So let it be written...so let it be done.

Lohman446
10-11-2012, 08:40 AM
A time line is not much too much ask for

So what if it takes Two weeks to ge.t the money. Since there was a set amount I would assume that the amount of hours to finish the job was included. Which means there should at least be a loose time frame

If, when donating money, you expect there to be contingencies I suggest you ask for them prior to donating.

steve_81
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
If, when donating money, you expect there to be contingencies I suggest you ask for them prior to donating.

Thank you!

Ando
10-11-2012, 09:17 AM
That was the big issue for a lot of people not donating. We probably would have hit the mark in a week if Tom had explained the reasoning to his madness a little better. :rolleyes:

RT Lover
10-11-2012, 09:33 AM
he has to work also, and other crap like all of us, just the fact that he was willing to do this is awesome!!! if we rush him dont u think the end product be lesser that what we wanted?

BTAutoMag
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
We probably would have hit the mark in a week if Tom had explained the reasoning to his madness a little better. :rolleyes:

tom has no madness, we do, we made him do it.

Redic
10-11-2012, 09:45 AM

People did and never got the answers
So now that he has the money I want to know.

Lohman446
10-11-2012, 09:48 AM
People did and never got the answers
So now that he has the money I want to know.

So you asked the questions, were unsatisfied with the answers, and chose to donate anyways? I'm going to have to beg forgiveness because I do not follow the logic.

Edit: I actually think that some of you did this and it is appreciated. However the people I think did this I do not see posting in this thread.

Ando
10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
tom has no madness, we do, we made him do it.
We made him do what?

BTAutoMag
10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
take the money. we said "hey, can we do something with the site, we'd be happy to help out financially"

Ando
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
BT...we didn't make him do anything.

Many have tried to get the ball rolling. Tom finally took it upon himself to do it, none of us forced his hand...how could we?

BTAutoMag
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
true, but my point was. he didnt ask us to fund this for him. we did. my point was just poorly made

wimag
10-11-2012, 11:07 AM
He'll get to it when he gets to it.

Any wonder there are not many dealers on this board ? This whole crybaby thread is a perfect example of it. Who in their right mind would want to deal with that.

BTAutoMag
10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
agreed.

Ando
10-11-2012, 12:54 PM
He'll get to it when he gets to it.

Any wonder there are not many dealers on this board?
I'd personally blame them being unable to register :p

Geronimo7
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Have not had much to say in a while but... wow. Let the man do his work. If you guys want half ass results keep pushing the man. It will get done. Don't think Tom will let this turn into a MM2k9. You dont want to go and :mad: the man that got all of this started.

-just sayin ;)

RST
10-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Kindergarten...

Bunny
10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/9906/screenshot20121012at739.png