PDA

View Full Version : AutoMag troubles

Maverickp8tball
02-18-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey i ran outa nitro in a game the other day and had to switch to c02 and after awhile shooting with it it started to like after i shot it wouldnt recicle or it would take like 5 seconds then recicle. I also would pull the triger and it wouldnt shoot then like 2 seconds latter it would, it then stoped shooting all together and was stuck in the after you pull the triger rang. its weird, it also did this a little with my nitrogen. the temp outside was around 50-60 deg. if that matters
Kurt
Maverickpaintball
http://www.geocities.com/maverickpaintball

Maverickp8tball
02-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Hey this must be incoherent, im realy not as retated as i look i mean sound

InfinatyBPS
02-18-2002, 11:54 PM
you shouldn't switch from Co2 to nitro or other way around on the same day ever. It expands the O-Rings then shrinks them and it wears them alot faster and could damage them. So try to avoid doing that if possable. I don't know a whole lot about mags but that seems that you may have messed up an O ring somewhere(?) mabe? I dunno I own a cocker, ask someone that knows what they are talking about:rolleyes:

Maverickp8tball
02-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Any onther ideas, or am i screwed?

Maverickp8tball
02-19-2002, 04:56 PM
it also shreds some paint in the chamber, even when its not doing the previuse proble, im using a gravity feed

Army
02-19-2002, 05:28 PM
The gravity feed gave you away!

The mess in the chamber comes from shooting too fast for the hopper to keep up, you had a ball fall only half way into the chamber before you pulled the trigger...whammo, bolt cuts ball in half. This is known as chopping. We've all done it! Get a 12v Revolution or HALO hopper, they will keep up with your finger! (A Warp Feed couldn't hurt either!)

Since you say you went straight to Co2, I'm betting the C02 bottle was horizontal? Along with shooting to fast, you allowed liquid Co2 to be sucked up into the gun, freezing the valves and 0-rings. With Co2, you have to allow the liquid to boil off into gas before it reaches the gun. A Palmers Stabilizer will help with that, but a slinky remote will nearly eliminate it.

This belongs in Tech Forum BTW.....

Maverickp8tball
02-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Its not vertical its horizontle